Who daily drives 300/200s

campbellflage

Reaction score
Any difference between irates t4 kit and Carson's? Pulling the trigger this weekend just looking for last minute thoughts trying to save a couple bucks if I can

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Myself and several others have Carson's kit. Very nice IMO. I haven't seen Irate's, though I am sure its just as nice. The only downside to Carson's kit is I don't think he offers a gated setup. But I haven't asked if he does it special.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Myself and several others have Carson's kit. Very nice IMO. I haven't seen Irate's, though I am sure its just as nice. The only downside to Carson's kit is I don't think he offers a gated setup. But I haven't asked if he does it special.

He does offer it, I'm going s467, no gate though

campbellflage

Reaction score
Waiting for Carson to open up on Monday to see if he can do a better package deal, tentative buy plan right now is:
Studs, stage 2 pushrods, and glow plugs from riffraff= 937
T4 kit and s467 from Carson = $$$
Beehive springs from comp cams 330
Had it all in irates cart but this save a couple hundred, anyone have any cheaper deals for above listed items... on a budget here!!

Magnum PD

Reaction score
What are you gonna use for valve stem seals. Can’t use factory ones.

TitoBandito78

Reaction score
There's a big difference between 238/100's and 300/200's. s369sxe all the way with 100%'s.

I spin Nitto 420's in mild tunes with 350/200's and an s468 with a 1.10 housing, it's not a laggy setup.

Like worlds and worlds of difference...people dont understand it'd behoove them to talk in generalities around nozzles not inj cc capacities.

I wont throw brands of injectors out there but the one i see MOST GUYS running Id like them to know their builder in a max effort file was 100hp under what my 250/200s make. Because ghey arent getting what they ask for. For whatever reason so those 300 or 350 with a 200% nozzle may be that underfueled.

Just an fyi.

emev0l

Reaction score
Like worlds and worlds of difference...people dont understand it'd behoove them to talk in generalities around nozzles not inj cc capacities.

I wont throw brands of injectors out there but the one i see MOST GUYS running Id like them to know their builder in a max effort file was 100hp under what my 250/200s make. Because ghey arent getting what they ask for. For whatever reason so those 300 or 350 with a 200% nozzle may be that underfueled.

Just an fyi.

Who's 250/200's do you run and what did you dyno?

emev0l

Reaction score

I've only ever used and installed Irate's kits on my customers and my personal trucks. I could never get Carson on the phone, just the people who take the orders. It looks like they have you reusing one of your stock intercooler pipes? What do they give you to mount their intake tube to your turbo? Everything was always so brief and unexplained in all of their pictures and explinations, paired with Carson always to busy to come to the phone I passed on doing business with them. I also see absolutly no mention about aftermarket intake plenums, boots, and clamps on his site, those are all must haves at that power level.

DieselJpower

Reaction score
It re use the stock cold side pipe, you get the appropriate boot to connect to the tube (mine was 5.5-4) , the way he positions the turbo in the valley you don't need billet plenum with an s400 and that was a selling point for me. Riff raff billet inserts hold 60 lbs for me just fine. I run the riff raff boots too. Carson spent dang near an hour on the phone with me before I sent him a dime. Come to think about it now, they didnt want any money till it was boxed and ready to ship. He's a a real good/helpful guy and I'd guess they probably were real busy when you called.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I've only ever used and installed Irate's kits on my customers and my personal trucks. I could never get Carson on the phone, just the people who take the orders. It looks like they have you reusing one of your stock intercooler pipes? What do they give you to mount their intake tube to your turbo? Everything was always so brief and unexplained in all of their pictures and explinations, paired with Carson always to busy to come to the phone I passed on doing business with them. I also see absolutly no mention about aftermarket intake plenums, boots, and clamps on his site, those are all must haves at that power level.

The cold side pipe gets re-used and a intake y similar to a hypermax h2e is provided. It allows for using stock intake manifolds and boots. He sends a new hot side pipe. I haven't had any issues with my intake plenums yet. But maybe your results have varied. He also provides a section of dense rubber boot to connect your intake pipe to the compressor inlet.

Carson is for sure a busy guy, sometimes you just need to let your number and he will call you back, but once you're on the phone with him, he will talk your ears off. I've been to his shop several times. Hell of a nice guy.

Not the greatest picture, but I found one. Never mind the insulation all over the s&b intake, I was trying to quiet the 38R LOL

O0bEXAi.png

Last edited:

emev0l

Reaction score
I feel a lot better about running a set of solid intake plenums, I have to tighten my clams down pretty hard to hold 60psi

A friend of mine did get thru to him once, it took 2 months of leaving his number and finally got him on the phone from calling and they talked for 45 min and he said he was really down to earth. He said he'll never try and call again though lol.

He makes good products, I've never seen any junk come from there or Irate.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I feel a lot better about running a set of solid intake plenums, I have to tighten my clams down pretty hard to hold 60psi

A friend of mine did get thru to him once, it took 2 months of leaving his number and finally got him on the phone from calling and they talked for 45 min and he said he was really down to earth. He said he'll never try and call again though lol.

He makes good products, I've never seen any junk come from there or Irate.

I agree, I see enough of both peoples stuff out there. I know this summer Carson drove out west for a few weeks to see one of his children and some things out there if I remember right. The guy literally never stops moving.

I know between sending a few of my company service trucks, my uncles excursion (I dont do 6.0s or 6.4s), my personal engine parts, and a friend of mines dodge, we've probably spent 100k with the guy over the last five years. Hes certainly reasonable and good at what he does. He is always a busy. But I can understand not wanting to do business with someone you cant always get a hold of. Tuning comes to mind more for me, when you need to discuss a change rather then by text.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Who's 250/200's do you run and what did you dyno?
dyno's can be miss leading.. i have a dyno sheet that says my dually made 496hp with 170/100s.. i also have one that says 404hp on a different dyno.. track times are way more accurate. track puts it at 450..

live life full throttle