Who else is using the RCD Dual Fuelers?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I'd have to get my hands on some fuel rails to do that, as well as another rocker box if I wanted to be picky and not fill a hole with RTV. But my next step is to remove the kit at this point.

You mention Jared possibly giving me a replacement but I have already got a new CP3. Last CP3 has about 5k miles on it and the new one has 200 miles on it. The rest of the kit is just hardware, lines, rails, and a pulley. So as far as I'm concerned I have already tried a replacement. I have no ill will towards RCD. It's just an unfortunate situation and I'm frustrated. Just sick of tearing the truck apart every few days.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
should be easy to come by or trade for some good ones

I probably understand your situation better than anyone, it really gets frustrating when things don't work right, your fault or not. Sometimes its better to just start over with something else and move on. I dont blame you one bit, seamed like when i did the same thing things finally started to come together.

That being said i think i know where your kit will be headed so it should work out well. Good luck on whatever you figured out man.

Crack85

Reaction score
I'd have to get my hands on some fuel rails to do that, as well as another rocker box if I wanted to be picky and not fill a hole with RTV. But my next step is to remove the kit at this point.

You mention Jared possibly giving me a replacement but I have already got a new CP3. Last CP3 has about 5k miles on it and the new one has 200 miles on it. The rest of the kit is just hardware, lines, rails, and a pulley. So as far as I'm concerned I have already tried a replacement. I have no ill will towards RCD. It's just an unfortunate situation and I'm frustrated. Just sick of tearing the truck apart every few days.

I got a set of rails sitting at the house if u need em.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I can send out my rails and rocker box if you need. Machine shop will have my engine for a few weeks

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Same as before. I just gotta pull the trigger on a new setup. Completely lost on why this one isn't working for me. It's got fuel, and the pulley spins. LOL holds only 17k psi in a 2.0ms tune as of this morning.

Thats stock single pump territory

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Not sure if he did JD. But he's seeing literally no difference running the kit with or without the pump plugged in or not. I'm at my wits end with this truck trying to figure out what the issue is. Unfortunately I don't think it stems from the cp3 kit but Cory seems to just be completely burned out with the whole entire ordeal. Not much more of a suggestion I can offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Not sure if he did JD. But he's seeing literally no difference running the kit with or without the pump plugged in or not. I'm at my wits end with this truck trying to figure out what the issue is. Unfortunately I don't think it stems from the cp3 kit but Cory seems to just be completely burned out with the whole entire ordeal. Not much more of a suggestion I can offer

I just don't understand how it's not holding proper rail pressure. Plugged in or not it only holds around 17k psi. A new CP3 and K16 didn't change a thing. I'm as confused about the whole thing as you are. Could it be possible there is a fuel rail issue? Maybe with machining of the fitting not done completely or something? It runs great around town up to about 45 mph. Just sucks anytime trying to cruise at a constant throttle whenever the converter is locked it surges. And doesn't hold RP under WOT.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Just checking - did you ever swap wiring harnesses for the cp3?

No I haven't. But it's just 2 wires spliced into the EGR harness. I've checked the connections already. They're good. And like Jared mentioned, it runs the same unplugged or not.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Actually in theory, the cp3 would command more without being plugged in. There would be no reference on control signal; just the pump running full command past a certain rpm

Like Mike Haller and myself have stated. The pump would go all in, then the K16 would actually bleed off the excess pressure to prevent and over fueled situation to the fuel rails.

That leads to the most frustrating part of this whole ordeal, the variables do not add up.

Here's my last ditch effort checklist, anyone knowledgeable that would like to contribute, please do, this whole ordeal is frustrating for both parties.

Cory...

Both bumps are being fully supplied with low pressure fuel correct?

Fuel rail pressure sensor is reading properly?

HPFP Pump Cover Kit harness is not damaged in any way, shape, or form?

The HPFP is not experiencing any issues with the VCV/PCV?

The nozzles are not larger than 60%?

The truck is not leaking fuel into the crankcase from a fuel rail, or the high pressure fuel pump?

There is not a fuel pressure leak at the fuel rail pressure sensor?

Have you tried putting stock nozzles in to see if the problem persists?

The ECM is not defective and causing a downstream issue?

That's my checklist; I'm sure I missed plenty, I'm not as smart as some of these guys but this is all that could come to my mind as a potential gremlin.

Jared

madman1234509

Reaction score
I think I asked this before but what are you running for a lift pump system? Have you tested pressure for the system while driving, as in making sure its maintaining under load and that the pump isnt weak? Also how it it plumbed into both the k16 and cp3. I have no idea how rcd recommends to plumb it, but Id think the two different pumps would require different operating pressures?

Could it be that if you replaced both injection pumps with new ones that you could have gotten a dud? Maybe try replacing each one at a time with one from a friend that is know to work, or have them tested?

On edit... I see your sig says you have an airdog with elite upgrade. As far as i know an airdog can run like 15psi maxxed out, if its in good shape. I dont know what cp3s are supposed to run but Ive heard of people supplying some with 50psi or so. Id be skeptical on an airdog being able to supply one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.