Who else is using the RCD Dual Fuelers?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I'd ask rcd for some warranty. Its not very old and was brand new.

I did. It supposedly has a one year warranty. But I have to buy a new one if I want the truck back running quicker. Bosch has to test it before they will say yes or no to the warranty. They will credit me afterwards. So who knows how long that'll take.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Hey buddy, usually takes 2-3 weeks with Bosch as we are only 2 hours from their IL test facility

I'll be glad to handle it personally and expedite it as much as I can

Jared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I should have a new CP3 installed today. Hopefully that is the issue. But I saw this pic and it raised some questions.

Should I be running my return like Erik?
IMG_20130417_153401_644_zps775aea36.jpg

Right now my return off the K16 and CP3 are T'd into each other and then sent back to the port on the side of the regulator. I saw his pic and was curious if I should be doing it that way?

MorganY

Reaction score
I should have a new CP3 installed today. Hopefully that is the issue. But I saw this pic and it raised some questions.

Should I be running my return like Erik?
IMG_20130417_153401_644_zps775aea36.jpg

Right now my return off the K16 and CP3 are T'd into each other and then sent back to the port on the side of the regulator. I saw his pic and was curious if I should be doing it that way?

I would do it that way [return straight to tank].

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I am very confused as to what is going on with your truck my friend. Does the pump harness test out?

Exactly where I'm at. LOL What should I be seeing for numbers when I ohm it out? But regardless with the pump disconnected I should be seeing an increase in RP.

I did end up doing one WOT pass with the new pump and it drops to 18k psi on a 2.1ms tune. So it still must not be working for some reason.

I'm really stumped. I'm gonna change my return line routing and I have a new K16 here that I can install but that shouldn't really affect my loss of RP in my opinion. Hopefully cure the surging issue.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I definitely aint no expert, but I am confused on your diagnosis. If pulling the plug makes the CP3 go full fuel and pulling the plug didn't change anything, wouldn't that indicate the K16 wasn't doing anything?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I definitely aint no expert, but I am confused on your diagnosis. If pulling the plug makes the CP3 go full fuel and pulling the plug didn't change anything, wouldn't that indicate the K16 wasn't doing anything?

By unplugging the CP3 rail pressure should rise dramatically at idle. But it just stays at 5k psi at idle which is normal. And driving with it unplugged would make it uncontrolled yet it runs normally like a single pump truck would.

B585Ford

Reaction score
By unplugging the CP3 rail pressure should rise dramatically at idle. But it just stays at 5k psi at idle which is normal. And driving with it unplugged would make it uncontrolled yet it runs normally like a single pump truck would.

OK, now I see where you are coming from on this and that does make sense. I am sure I was looking at it wrong....I was thinking that since you have 2 pumps, your return would be capable of handling more excess fuel and that your CP3 was supplying all of the fuel and your return/return regulator was draining off most of the of the excess fuel.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I'm putting the new K16 in on Monday with a new FRP sensor. I also replumbed the return to go straight to the tank. So we'll see what happens. :doh:

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Truck is torn apart right now. New K16 is in, and still gotta throw the new FRP sensor in. I should hopefully have it running tonight again. Crossing my fingers that at least one of my issues is fixed whether it be the surging or not sustaining RP.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.