Who else runs hot?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
how is the probe threaded in or attached? mine throwing up a pic? might want to get me one of these so i can watch.

1176314_198895576952185_611964920_n.jpg

1/4NPT to 1/8" NPT bushing. Your sender will slip right in.

Thats an autometer sensor, but you get the idea.

Mine is right next to my coolant filter...

1003263_175665422608534_1030969811_n.jpg

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
The Isspro comes with the bushing needed to install into our trucks. For transmission Its also the same thread as the port plug on the so no need to use the coupler for trans temp

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I also have to buy the piece that is $150 to be able to use the temperature sensor which costs $40.

That is the downside of the CTS. Everyone goes on and on about how it is a cheaper way to add numerous gauges. They forget that each time you want to add a couple inputs, you have to spring for the Universal Sensor Input on top of whatever the sensor costs.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Yea but it's a nice unit all around. They just Jew the consumer for money with **** like that.

I've been more than happy with mine. Really like the data-log capability. Not as refined as some other programs, but ease of use can't be beat. Not to mention my dash would look like swiss-cheese if I had stand alone gauges for each parameter.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Id rather gauges. One day I'd like to have a monitor for things the pcm can watch, but til they get one that will last, ill wait. How do those units hold up in the cold weather?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've been more than happy with mine. Really like the data-log capability. Not as refined as some other programs, but ease of use can't be beat. Not to mention my dash would look like swiss-cheese if I had stand alone gauges for each parameter.

Not really...

If you ran a performax gauge set up you can have 17 sensors hooked up to the Signal box. Then you pick and chose what guages you want in at any given time. You can also data log or live stream the rest...

There are always options to the all in one's...

In reality a Quad pod on the A-pillar or Overhead with Pyro, Boost, Trans temp and fuel presssure is all you need, for 99% of the trucks out there... Maybe a diff temp...

Then the TQ app for less then $20 bucks looks at everything else you could ever want to see.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Id rather gauges. One day I'd like to have a monitor for things the pcm can watch, but til they get one that will last, ill wait. How do those units hold up in the cold weather?

its holding up really well so far actually. hasnt been too cold at night yet as weve only been in the 20's a couple times and just got the first inch of snow last night. surprisingly the screen isn't slowed down by cold at all. still responds normal to touch as well. reason i say slowed down by cold is because my aftermarket radio has a scroll feature and when it scrolls its really slow. almost like videogame lag. don't have one complaint about it so far except for the high cost of those addon pieces. i might get some actual gauges one day soon as well so that i can see what the things actually are and what the truck is reading them as so that i might be able to see a problem before the truck notices it. truck sensors seem slow to respond where gauges like isspro seems to respond a bit quicker and more accurately. the only thing i hate is the suction cup mount. still working on an alternative to that though.

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
So I did a 85 mile trip one way. In 18* weather, 70 mph she stayed a constant 204*.

TyCorr

Reaction score
What's temperature outside have to do with the cts. Ive had mine 2 or 3 years. No issues.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Not really...

If you ran a performax gauge set up you can have 17 sensors hooked up to the Signal box. Then you pick and chose what guages you want in at any given time. You can also data log or live stream the rest...

There are always options to the all in one's...

In reality a Quad pod on the A-pillar or Overhead with Pyro, Boost, Trans temp and fuel presssure is all you need, for 99% of the trucks out there... Maybe a diff temp...

Then the TQ app for less then $20 bucks looks at everything else you could ever want to see.

TQ app is a no-go for me. No smart phone here.
Right now EV-2's monitoring boost/trans/egt on the quad A-pillar. 4th slot has an aluminum blank I machined and my TS switch installed.
CTS monitors fuel pressure, exhaust back pressure, secondary EGT installed in drivers side manifold, airbag pressure, oil temperature, coolant temperature and everything else the PCM can see. Oh, and a cheapo backup camera I picked up on Amazon.
I've got less than $350 into my CTS and sensors, excluding the backup camera.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
What's temperature outside have to do with the cts. Ive had mine 2 or 3 years. No issues.

Was asking how display was when cold. Like a aftermarket radio, I would think the cold would affect it

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Was asking how display was when cold. Like a aftermarket radio, I would think the cold would affect it

No issues with mine. Seems the touch screen isn't quite as responsive when things are cold, but it could be that my broke-ass hands are the culprit.

Slate

Reaction score
I'm not sure what my coolant temp is, but in the winter my oil temp won't even get off the low mark which is 100*. In the summer the highest I've seen my oil temp is 160*

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure what my coolant temp is, but in the winter my oil temp won't even get off the low mark which is 100*. In the summer the highest I've seen my oil temp is 160*

Something is wrong with your gauge hombre.
Either that or you're doing a lot of 10 miles trips.

Latest posts

Members online