Who else runs hot?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
How about you hook up oil temp to another sender in say your coolant to figure if it's a sender issue.. I had to warrant two temp senders out of the box

dsberman94

Reaction score
If your saying its in the spot I'm thinking your saying then it's the same spot that the return line for my fs2500 filter was. When I took that line off nothing came out of that hole as if it were submerged in oil. Possible that it is a bad temp sensor though.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Pretty sure that hole is just splashed with oil...

Exactly.

I'm not sure if a temp sensor would fit in the port in the oil filter housing. That is where the pressurized line for the aftermarket oil system that was on my truck was. That would be submerged in oil all the time as long as the truck is running.

Slate

Reaction score
Hmm well I guess I'll have to look into that. My coolant temp isn't on my pillar so just switching them isn't as easy as I'd like.

CTC, I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing you in a couple weeks and helping wire some heated mirrors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Pretty sure that hole is just splashed with oil...

If you're talking about the hole with the bottom right fitting in this picture, then yes this hole does see oil flow when the engine is running, but only when it is running. It is the oil return galley, and is typically where OBS guys mount their oil pressure safety switch when installing e-fuel.

Attachments

• powerstroke bypass oil filter.jpg
    powerstroke bypass oil filter.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 51

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
So today was about 82* and I had my ac on. Coolant temp raised to 235* than abruptly dropped to normal 203*. I have never seen it get this hot. Is this gonna be an issue?

2000wa250

Reaction score
How are you monitoring it?

Automatic trucks cannot see coolant temps, and I know on my manual under a certain temp reads weird..like it will just start off from where it was when the truck was shut off, and climbs up then will drop like you're saying

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Isspro gauges. It's been running like this for years, I just didn't know cause I was using glowshifts

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what full open temperature is on this stat

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So today was about 82* and I had my ac on. Coolant temp raised to 235* than abruptly dropped to normal 203*. I have never seen it get this hot. Is this gonna be an issue?
have you ever flushed the coolant system completely? most trucks get that warm. after I had my dually rebuilt it got up to 235° without even horsing on it so I got a 180° stat from riffraff. unless im absolutely abusing it, then it wont get above 200°..

live life full throttle

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yea before the 203* was installed. I did a 30 gallon distilled flush pulling both block drains and adding a coolant filter. The filter has done it's work cleaning the system and I run distilled and Prestone red ELC. like I said, first summer running a working gauge. I've never had an issue but now that I know how hot it gets it kinda bothers me. But like be said before this is the best running, smoothest, 7.3 I've ever come across and I think the heat has a lot to do with it

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yea before the 203* was installed. I did a 30 gallon distilled flush pulling both block drains and adding a coolant filter. The filter has done it's work cleaning the system and I run distilled and Prestone red ELC. like I said, first summer running a working gauge. I've never had an issue but now that I know how hot it gets it kinda bothers me. But like be said before this is the best running, smoothest, 7.3 I've ever come across and I think the heat has a lot to do with it

10-4. I had the 203 stat in it when it got hot. I didn't know how hot it got with the oem stat and I jumped on the 203 stat band wagon, after my rebuild while horsing on it I watched eot climb to 248° I said f that and whent to the 180° stat. its best to keep the temps above 210 to boil off any moisture in the oil so I make sure it gets hot a time or two when I am driving it. eot and ect are usually within 10° of each other with oil being 10 above so its not a big deal or not that hard to keep eot above 210 now..

live life full throttle

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
We're pretty much the same climate so I imagine winter time it stays pretty warm?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
180* stat if your modded at all beyond chip... IMHO the 203* stat is not worth it unless you live in alaska.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.