Wicked Wheel G2 for 38R Test Results

Power Hungry

Reaction score
I have the 1.15 non wg housing. Would you say this would be a waste putting on unless I went back to a 1.0 ?

I don't think it would be a waste with the 1.15 housing. When we tested the BMW and the 1.15 housing, we lost a little power with the 1.15 but lost a lot of power with the BMW. You'd might be a tad lower on power and boost with the 1.15 housing vs. the 1.0 (as one would expect), but the new wheel should still provide some noticeable improvement.

Bump

sent from the rust monster

Yes, the backpressure was corrected this time. :D

Power Hungry

Reaction score
LOL... "well so much for the turbo... too much boost.." :poke:

I'll tell ya... truck still drove nice, even without any boost. LOL

I've had that turbo in and out so many times (I think I'm over 20 times now) testing different combinations of wheels and housings, I completely wore out the CAC boots. Have a new set on the way along with the steel retaining rings. That should stop that nonsense once and for all. If not, then it's time to cross-strap the CAC tubes. That'll fix it for sure.

sniper_101

Reaction score
That boost gauge needle just about snapped off, lol. What boots will you be running next?

Badass truck Lowdown/PHP! Sounds great.

Thank you for the great detail on another great product PHP, glad to you didn't waste your day putting a wheel in there this time! lol

Power Hungry

Reaction score
Running the DieselSite boots. They had worked fine up until we started swapping the turbo parts. For the number of times they've been on and off, they're just worn out. A new set with retaining rings in the CAC tube grooves will fix things up nicely. If all else fails, cross-bracing the CAC tubes will definitely put an end to the madness. :D

Lowdown89

Reaction score
That boost gauge needle just about snapped off, lol. What boots will you be running next?

Badass truck Lowdown/PHP! Sounds great.

Thank you for the great detail on another great product PHP, glad to you didn't waste your day putting a wheel in there this time! lol

Thank you sir.... Bill has put a ton of work into it to make it a strong,clean running, well mannered truck. Of course he knows I drive everything I own like I stole it and does his best to make sure it will hold together to the best of his ability... That's why I can't wait to stop screwing aound and actually have him build me something that makes a lot of power next time, turn him loose and let him really put his Mad DR. Skills to work :evil :evil :evil

Last edited:

George4

Reaction score
So I have been following the WWG2 threads and how the testing was going with the 38r.

I see that on Dieselsite they posted this regarding the 38r "Update: Jan 1st, 2013. We are sorry for the delay as we were very happy with results so far, but Bob wants to further improve this wheel and will be trying another prototype. While we want to bring this product to market, we want to make sure we don't leave anything on the table."

So what is going on? From the numbers posted with the new wheel looking good, will they look even better later on or was there a problem? The reason I ask is because I have a GTP38r sitting in its box waiting to go in but was waiting since I starting reading about the WWG2 for it. I have never changed wheels so I thought it would be better to do with it new and out of the truck. I guess I will just put it in the truck and wait for another prototype later down the line...

TyCorr

Reaction score
While that is sound reasoning, just put the charger in because if it takes another month, you're missing out with that 38r in a box. It could take a while knowing Bob. I mean that in the niceat way possible as Bob makes very quality products. The 38r is a great, scratch that, perfect charger right out of the box. Run it!

Edit: looking at your sig, you dont have enough fuel to push that 38r hard with its stock wheel. Id put.that sucker in, having already been in the same position as you.

campbellflage

Reaction score
While that is sound reasoning, just put the charger in because if it takes another month, you're missing out with that 38r in a box. It could take a while knowing Bob. I mean that in the niceat way possible as Bob makes very quality products. The 38r is a great, scratch that, perfect charger right out of the box. Run it!

agreed! And they are awesome with communication. I emailed the shop a couple times and every time I get replies almost instantaniously.

Power Hungry

Reaction score
So I have been following the WWG2 threads and how the testing was going with the 38r.

I see that on Dieselsite they posted this regarding the 38r "Update: Jan 1st, 2013. We are sorry for the delay as we were very happy with results so far, but Bob wants to further improve this wheel and will be trying another prototype. While we want to bring this product to market, we want to make sure we don't leave anything on the table."

So what is going on? From the numbers posted with the new wheel looking good, will they look even better later on or was there a problem? The reason I ask is because I have a GTP38r sitting in its box waiting to go in but was waiting since I starting reading about the WWG2 for it. I have never changed wheels so I thought it would be better to do with it new and out of the truck. I guess I will just put it in the truck and wait for another prototype later down the line...

As you've noted, the initial tests we performed went very well and produced rather solid results. However, in going over the datalogs and dyno imformation, Bob thought that there might be some areas for improvement with the configuration of the wheel. He is expecting a new wheel to arrive either Tuesday or Wednesday and then will forward it to me for testing. We'll be testing the new wheel on Jason's truck as soon as it arrives and will post up the information as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, even if the results are what we're expecting and there are no more revisions, it'll take (I believe) around 3 weeks for the new wheels to be cut and shipped. If you need more information on when the wheels will be available, contact DieselSite.

At this point I'd probably just install the turbo. At least get some seat time on it. It's not terribly difficult to remove the turbo to install the wheel down the road. :D

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, Jason told me 603. Unbelievable guys. Im headed down the same road but with an ever so slightly larger injector. Im stoked.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Yeah it made 603, so a 48hp jump over what the stock 38r was doing... I'm sure bill will chime in soon with all the good details. To say I'm super impressed is an understatement! I realize in the grand scheme of high horsepower 7.3s this isn't that much power but for what it is I'm beyond pleased

Members online

No members online now.