04 ex w/low hpop pressure

gwunter

Reaction score
Pics please.
What do you want pics of? Here's what I believe to be 6.4 hg part number.
20240801_204252.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Gentleman, I've had a fairly bad experience with dynamite diesel performance and machine when it comes to sourcing my rebuild kit. The kit they sent me had mostly 6.0 stuff in it. I first noticed they failed when I tried to install the 6.4 rod bearings in the 6.0 rods. (Crossed referenced the number and found out they were for the 6.4) I got on the phone and they made it "right" quickly. While on the phone I also had them check other part numbers. Come to find out the gasket sets were also for the 6.4. (Side note: I also ordered ford oem head gaskets with the kit as well.) Tonight I noticed they didn't swap out the mahle head gaskets for the ford oem(that I paid 150 extra for).

I really wanted to set these heads this weekend. What risks do I run with running the mahle head gaskets? I'm calling ddpm tomorrow morning to see if they will overnight me a set of oem at their costs.

Im just frustrated and venting.

We’ve used mahle head gaskets a bunch, they seem to hold up. Granted the fact they took your extra cash for oe gaskets and left you with mahle is the bigger problem.

Easy way to tell if they’re 6.0 or 6.4 would be if it’s got 18 or 20mm dowels, your 04 should have 18s, 6.4s would have 20s. The 6.4 bolt holes are also larger than the 6.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwunter

Reaction score
Was prepping for the oil pan, and noticed these 2 alignment dowels. I dont remember removing anything from these. We're these for factory machining, or have I lost my mind and misplaced something that goes there?
20240822_195731.jpg

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Was prepping for the oil pan, and noticed these 2 alignment dowels. I dont remember removing anything from these. We're these for factory machining, or have I lost my mind and misplaced something that goes there? View attachment 187601

Nothing goes there, you’re good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I'm extremely jealous. Been doing these builds for 15 years and never has one been for myself.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.