100% nozzle myth or truth

under pressure

Reaction score
Is a 100 % nozzle capable of 600 hp, that sounds like a stretch ?

Just someting i read recently...

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
With the right setup, yes. Thing is, it would have to be in the lower RPM range. I think a B code can and has done that actually.

Charles

Reaction score
Is a 100 % nozzle capable of 600 hp, that sounds like a stretch ?

Just someting i read recently...

On fuel? At the wheels???

Dear God.... is there no end?

Let me guess..... it was NOT on a dynojet 248......

Fwiw, I did 900 and change, on fuel, with a 38R as a single with 300cc hybrids and 100% nozzles on a Mustang. That was in our F-550 service truck, so actually, I guess it's totally doable.

Who even cares anymore?

LOL

Last edited:

under pressure

Reaction score
A shop recomended it for a 600 hp build. I didnt think it was possible, but i guess big oil and 4+ PW its possible rite...... Not sure i could recommend that to anyone.

under pressure

Reaction score
What is the most dyno'd on 100% nozzles?[/QUOTE]

Well thats something id like to find, would guess that info would be a couple years old when the 100 was the cats meow....per say....

Arisley

Reaction score
I have 250\200's. Need more air, a stronger Torque Converter and tuning tweaked for them.

I dynoed at 470 with a stock fuel system. It could not keep up with the injectors.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I would love to see someone who has a track proven 600hp on fuel with 100% nozzles.

a B code seems like it about the only thing with a chance at it, what size are the nozzles on a B code stock?

under pressure

Reaction score
I have 250\200's. Need more air, a stronger Torque Converter and tuning tweaked for them.

I dynoed at 470 with a stock fuel system. It could not keep up with the injectors.

Thats 600 hp worth of injector i seen dynoed recently at 1400 deg.
Couldnt imagine what a 100 would make heat wise on the same turbo.....

Charles

Reaction score
If we're talking at the wheels..... on fuel.... then some of you need to find a real dyno.

I bet lebbentybillion dollars that the 600hp pulls didn't happen on a Dynojet 248 inertial machine. Ask me how I know...

02BigD

Reaction score
With a 66mm turbo, what number, at the wheels, on fuel, on a Sunday, sunny, 60 degrees, low humidity, stock heads, cam and manifolds, would you expect to be the max for 100%'s?

Charles

Reaction score
With a 66mm turbo, what number, at the wheels, on fuel, on a Sunday, sunny, 60 degrees, low humidity, stock heads, cam and manifolds, would you expect to be the max for 100%'s?

Instead of bench racing, wouldn't it be easier to post screenshots of the winpep software screen showing the power actually made?

I've never stated that I made _____ power on such and such a setup that I did not include a copy of the Dynojet output graph with power over rpm and smoothing, correction if any and all else right there, unless I was referring to an older pull where I had already provided that info in the past.

I guess I can't comprehend the point of even mentioning anything else. Some people would tell you they made 600hp because somebody told them it should... while others would tell you they made 600hp because the app on their Iphone said they did.... so on and so forth.

It's pathetic.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Instead of bench racing, wouldn't it be easier to post screenshots of the winpep software screen showing the power actually made?

I've never stated that I made _____ power on such and such a setup that I did not include a copy of the Dynojet output graph with power over rpm and smoothing, correction if any and all else right there, unless I was referring to an older pull where I had already provided that info in the past.

I guess I can't comprehend the point of even mentioning anything else. Some people would tell you they made 600hp because somebody told them it should... while others would tell you they made 600hp because the app on their Iphone said they did.... so on and so forth.

It's pathetic.

I agree

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2