11s in the 1/4

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Suggestions. The goal for the truck is 11s on spray, whether its an 11.00 to 11.99.

Truck weighs in at 6700 with me in it (205) no tailgate and no spare with 3/8 tank of fuel.

An 11.99 @ 6700 lbs equates to 637HP according to the calculator.

Ive been watching vanderchevs truck closely, his runs put him around 600ish, Im not sure if thats fuel only and I know its live tuned, and I dont have that option as of now. So is it do-able ?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
No clue, i just recieved my built trans on friday. I have never ran it with this setup :(

Six, Ive spent quite a bit of coin lol. Im hoping what I have spent is enough.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
No clue, i just recieved my built trans on friday. I have never ran it with this setup :(

Six, Ive spent quite a bit of coin lol. Im hoping what I have spent is enough.

You might be close to 11s if not there.....

Is throw a little n2o in anyways ...

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
11s on a single is hardd unless your a 6.4...losers.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
You might be close to 11s if not there.....

Is throw a little n2o in anyways ...

I was thinking so. Just trying to figure out over the winter anything or reccomendations I can do to be ready.

Huh ? LOL 6.4s have twins :shrug: Thats whats the giggle gas is for. Looking at zex's Pro street kit.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Thanks. Seeing as you use nitrous, any tips ? Where to start ? I figure a 70-100hp shot is around what I will need.

Anyone think my wheels will hinder at all. (33x12.50R20)

stonepusher

Reaction score
Thanks. Seeing as you use nitrous, any tips ? Where to start ? I figure a 70-100hp shot is around what I will need.

Anyone think my wheels will hinder at all. (33x12.50R20)

I would start with a .074 jet and go from there. I race on my 32.5's and 20's all the time and they did change my times from when I raced on 30" proxes and 17" welds

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I was thinking so. Just trying to figure out over the winter anything or reccomendations I can do to be ready.

Huh ? LOL 6.4s have twins :shrug: Thats whats the giggle gas is for. Looking at zex's Pro street kit.

Check the 6.4 section and see what some of them are dropping in place of stockers.

Not true .....and you know that. But back to the op,I would imagine with spray you will be close

It is? Even when/if you drop a single on...your single time is gonna probably reflect your nos times now. Its hard to do. Keep in mind though I think it terms of my race weight which is ccsb 7600lbs. On top of all that we're down here in the 7.3 section.:angel:

stonepusher

Reaction score
Check the 6.4 section and see what some of them are dropping in place of stockers.

It is? Even when/if you drop a single on...your single time is gonna probably reflect your nos times now. Its hard to do. Keep in mind though I think it terms of my race weight which is ccsb 7600lbs. On top of all that we're down here in the 7.3 section.:angel:

I know we are in the 7.3 section, I only mentioned it bc you brought up the 6.4 so I brought up the 6.0. So your saying a 7.3 on a single charger won't hit 11's?

Blowby

Reaction score
I know we are in the 7.3 section, I only mentioned it bc you brought up the 6.4 so I brought up the 6.0. So your saying a 7.3 on a single charger won't hit 11's?

It has been done. I didn't get the 11.93 on video but the backup run of 12.03 was. Fuel only, single ASB charger from WOP back in 2008. Technology and tuning has come a long way since then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQxu3ciHMZ8

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Got it?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
4x4.

Right on Blowby thanks. What sticks were you running ? And what was your truck weight ?

Six we got it :D

Stonecrusher how much did it affect your times. Enough that swapping my stock rims with ____ Tire will help ?

I understand its not an easy task, its my goal I have set. I believe that the truck with my setup should be a 550 hp truck and thats a moderate guess. So add nitrous to 650 and it could crack 11s

Im just trying to see what tips some of the guys that have gotten times in around that mark have done to aspects of the truck other than motor/trans.

I have no block in the rear with an add-a-leaf with traction bars. I was thinking of straping the front end with a racheting trailer strap or something ?

I have no clue what tire pressure to run, or what boost/rpm to launch at. This could just be a trial and error thing to find out what works best for me, but any tips from you guys will help and be appreciated.

Last edited:

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
As far as tire pressure start with 40/35 and see what happens.

Latest posts

Members online