11s in the 1/4

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Depending on how it hooks, the earlier the better. Especially with a small single stage. With a two stage, most spray at WOT and then when it hooks tight.

What do you consider a small stage lol.:shrug:

I guess with a single stage being controlled by tps or boost, I cant set it to come on in a specific gear. Its coming on as soon as it regisiters WOT or said boost.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
.60 or smaller IMO. For safety, you could wire it to only come on above a certain PSI, but I would use a momentary switch.

V-Ref

Reaction score
.60 eh. How a momentary switch does a momentary switch work ?
It only works for just a moment. :toast:

LOL...I couldn't resist! Carry on now...you're probably close to your power goal already! If I missed it...how fast are you running now? That might be good to now...as you might see another part of your setup needs addressing before putting the blue bottle of bravery into the equation.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
i would talk to your tuner to try and get the most out of what you have fuel only. you should be able to run a 12.3-12.4 based on vanderchevy's truck. so with nos you should be able to break into the 11's.

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ref.... I have missed your delightful humor.. Where ever have you been :D

I haven't run er yet lol, just got my trans last week and unfortunately weather closed the track.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
i would talk to your tuner to try and get the most out of what you have fuel only. you should be able to run a 12.3-12.4 based on vanderchevy's truck. so with nos you should be able to break into the 11's.

I've been talking a fair bit with Jonathan at swamps about a few drag specific tunes. Problem is he hasn't had a chance to live tune a 02-03 truck with my setup, so I'm gonna try a few things short of live tuning on account of there being no tuners near me.

Short Bus

Reaction score
No. But people like you that should be replying dont wanna say **** because you think your to ****ing cool for school. So stfu contribute or gtfo

I havent ever been into the 11's so i really dont have much to say. :shrug:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Dieselboy, what other mods are done to the truck besides the 250/200s?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The whole list, short of a custom file I'm getting done through Swamps. And the giggle gas :D

Dropped Rear w/ traction bars
33" Nittos on 20" Fuel Hostages
5" Pipes
Forged Rod motor
Mahles Bored .020" Over
ARP Headstuds/Mainstuds
Hardened Pushrods
Comp 910s
Rosewood 250/200s
S471 on Irates mount
TE 17*
DI Headers
Dual SD pumps with Irates RR
Gearhead/Swamps tunes

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
The whole list, short of a custom file I'm getting done through Swamps. And the giggle gas :D

5" Pipes
Forged Rod motor
Mahles Bored .020" Over
ARP Headstuds/Mainstuds
Hardened Pushrods
Comp 910s
Rosewood 250/200s
S471 on Irates mount
TE 17*
DI Headers
Gearhead/Swamps tunes

other than rods and big oil.

Powersmoker

Reaction score

5" Pipes
Forged Rod motor
Mahles Bored .020" Over
ARP Headstuds/Mainstuds
Hardened Pushrods
Comp 910s
Rosewood 250/200s
S471 on Irates mount
TE 17*
DI Headers
Gearhead/Swamps tunes

The signature didn't show up on Tapatalk. LOL How well is ICP holding at WOT with that pump? As long as icp is maintaining pressure, you should be around 550hp. If i had to guess, you'll probably run low 12's on fuel and with a single stage of nitrous, run mid 11's. I would not recommend any more than one stage (.080 jet ) without having an external wastegate.

At 450 hp, I saw a gain of 3 tenths and 3 mph (1/4 mile) just by switching from a 33x12.50 x16.5 bfg to a 275/70/16 (31's) on lightweight 16x10's. Later down the road, i saw another 2 mph gain when i added the slicks. So swapping to a lighter and smaller tire does help out.

Just some FYI.....Over the years, my truck has been through many setups. This will give you an idea.

230cc A Codes, Gen 3 Oil, Stock H2e, Fuel System. 12.8 @ 103 mph / 448 RWHP (Dynojet)

Added a .082 Jet: 12.15 @ 109 /547RWHP (dynojet)

Next setup : 355cc/275 hybrids, s475 t4i, head studs, comp 910's, 30x14 Slicks: 11.66 @ 113 Mph / 680 RWHP #2 (dunbars dynojet)

All done on a stock long block 7.3. :)

Last edited:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Powersmoker, Thank you so much for the info.

I am looking at a higher volume single pump, T1000 anyone lol. Havent had a chance to data log yet, I was trying to limp it around until I got the trans done.

Ive talked to a few people about the wastegate issue and I thank you for your advice with that, it was a grey issue on the jet size.

My one question to you (and any of the nitrous users) Would two small stages be better than one big ? Dunno if I am talking out my arse or not.

Blowby

Reaction score
Yes, you will have less shock to the drive train / engine if you have two stages installed. Traction will determine the 1st stage and over all volume will determine the remaining jet size.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online