2006 King Ranch F-350

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
After much debate and quite an insightful thread on here I finally pulled the trigger a few weeks ago on a 2006 F-350 King Ranch 4x4. The truck is pretty clean and bone stock. So far I have done some reading on 6.0's and think I have an okay handle on what is necessary to keep them healthy.

I got a ScanGauge II and have been watching my EOT/ECT deltas on my way to work every morning and evening, 28 miles each way 80% highway at 60mph and they are 7-8* apart. Although the deltas are good and the truck shows no signs that cause concern when I open it up to do the coolant filter, EGR delete and studs should I swap the coolant and oil cooler as well?

Also regarding that when you swap coolant I assume some of the debris/gunk from the EGR is left built up in the coolant system and could potentially block the new oil cooler, how do you avoid that?

My long term plan is to eventually put a good suspension system on, like Carli or some equivalent and mostly just drive the heck out of it. I won't be building a race truck or anything insane just want a truck to pull a fifth wheel (a few years off right now) and go hunting/camping/fishing and family road trips. The high end suspension will be nice to handle family adventures and stay comfy on my long drive to and from the mine and interior upgrades for creature comforts to keep my son occupied on long trips.

I will make slow progress on the truck in the near term but plan on building it piece by piece as I have the money.

Attachments

• KingRanch.jpg
    KingRanch.jpg
    727.9 KB · Views: 237

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Haha. I went through that speed phase with my DMax and learned quickly my pocketbook can't keep up. I want to do a trick suspension setup with Carli parts but mainly want a nice, comfortable truck to roadtrip, hunt and fish in. Down the road to tow a camper or fifth wheel and adventure with my family.

luv2brode

Reaction score
i bought my 04 in april with pretty much the same plans for it, I just want a good reliable truck I can hhaul 5th wheel and take hunting and fishing

Txwindmiller

Reaction score
I love mine.i have the same thing,but a dually. Drive it everyday, I spend a lot of money upkeep. Maint. ,etc.
All stock, runs great,pulls great.
Love it. Very hard to keep my foot out of it.

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Yes youll want to replace the oil cooler but....

The oil cooler thing is a newer concern right now. A lot of guys are having new coolers clog up even with a very good coolant system flush before and after delete and new oil cooler. My personal rig has had all the necessary work done about 10k ago and a good flush, my deltas are 11-15 on 80 degree days highways driving already.

Ive read some if the mechanics now are recommending doing the full bulletproof but leaving the old oil cooler in for a while before replacing it and flushing again. That is if your deltas are OK to start. Reason being is no matter how good of a flush your still gonna have some gunk left in the cooling system, sometimes enough to clog up a new oil cooler so you may as well see if it clogs up the old one as opposed to a new one.

Once again that totally rides on if the old cooler is flowing good at the time you do the work.

Also i would just go ahead and have a proper job done
New head gaskets and studs
Check heads and mill down if need be, pressure check also
Coolant filter system
Thats just the basics

Last edited:

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Wow definitely good info to have. I have good deltas now (7-8*) at 65 on the highway and even closer in town my deltas are about 2-3* apart. Truck runs great and is a lot of fun

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Trying to decide on leather conditioner...I'm stuck between Leather CPR, Duragloss/King Ranch conditioner and Lexol conditioner. My front seats are really light and faded seeing as we see 20 some hours of sun during the summer and it's dry up here it isn't surprising. But the backs look almost new I imagine the tint and lack of many passengers back there helps that. Sell me on one vs the other

swinky

Reaction score
Trying to decide on leather conditioner...I'm stuck between Leather CPR, Duragloss/King Ranch conditioner and Lexol conditioner. My front seats are really light and faded seeing as we see 20 some hours of sun during the summer and it's dry up here it isn't surprising. But the backs look almost new I imagine the tint and lack of many passengers back there helps that. Sell me on one vs the other

I'm giving mine a spa treatment today with baby shampoo and leather CPR. I'll keep you updated.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Thanks swinky. Spa treatment is what it sounds like right? Just hot towels laid on the seats to pull dirt/grime out? I'm excited cause my seats are pretty dry and were mistreated earlier in their life.

swinky

Reaction score
Thanks swinky. Spa treatment is what it sounds like right? Just hot towels laid on the seats to pull dirt/grime out? I'm excited cause my seats are pretty dry and were mistreated earlier in their life.

Yeah I'm doing some testing on the arm rests first though. So I'm inside drinking a beer lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Nice..don't drink too many or you might end up with cooked hide haha! I'm on the search for Leather CPR in good ole Alaska...we shall see since Home Depot and the like won't ship anything up here for some reason

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.