2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
The issue is not that the PCM limits the boost at 30psi. The issue is that the VGT duty cycle is limited, and on a larger turbine wheel that limits how hard you drive the turbo.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Could the tuning on the 4094 be figured out faster if Elite had the truck in house?

Honestly Dan is excellent on feedback and testing.

Yes, if they built one and installed it and tested it in house it would be much easier when they sell them to customers.

It doesn't always get done that way on all products. Takes a lot of money and time.

The Elite truck had a 3794 on it before the kit was sold. The 4094 was swapped later but the issue was '13's and newer, we don't have the same problem on our truck.

gfulton

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification Tadd. I hope Morgans cool with this, were kinda mucking up his thread, but this is some pretty informative stuff.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The issue is not that the PCM limits the boost at 30psi. The issue is that the VGT duty cycle is limited, and on a larger turbine wheel that limits how hard you drive the turbo.

I'm not familiar with how the actuator receives it's signal. Is it a 4-20ma going to the actuator?

Also, is the restriction do to physical limitation of the actuator being stroked out? Assuming the ecm thinks it's controlling a stock turbo still...

Reaction score

Yes. Once the tables are worked out they will be awesome.

The Elite truck had a 3794 on it before the kit was sold. The 4094 was swapped later but the issue was '13's and newer, we don't have the same problem on our truck.

Like I said. Its not always possible to test every variation on every model. Hope you guys get it all squred away

Thanks for the clarification Tadd. I hope Morgans cool with this, were kinda mucking up his thread, but this is some pretty informative stuff.

No problem. This was supposed to be an informative thread for the '15 vgt. So it's kinda related.

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with how the actuator receives it's signal. Is it a 4-20ma going to the actuator?

Also, is the restriction do to physical limitation of the actuator being stroked out? Assuming the ecm thinks it's controlling a stock turbo still...

It has more to do with the limits in the tuning tables that do not allow for the position that the larger turbos need to get the vanes at to operate and spool correctly.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It has more to do with the limits in the tuning tables that do not allow for the position that the larger turbos need to get the vanes at to operate and spool correctly.

I guess what im asking is assuming your tuning a stock turbo'd truck, Is the actuator maxed out on a stock turbo with the duty cycle of whatever your imputing as max?? ( I ask in regard to a stock turbo because the truck still thinks its running a stock turbo with its designed limitations)

Also, What is the signal going to the actuator? ie 4-20ma or a voltage reference? 0-8v or 0-5v ?

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
I guess what im asking is assuming your tuning a stock turbo'd truck, Is the actuator maxed out on a stock turbo with the duty cycle of whatever your imputing as max?? ( I ask in regard to a stock turbo because the truck still thinks its running a stock turbo with its designed limitations)

Also, What is the signal going to the actuator? ie 4-20ma or a voltage reference? 0-8v or 0-5v ?

The issue is not the mechanical side of the actuator. And getting enough Duty cycle down low in the rpm band is not a problem, we can get what we need. The issue is at WOT we can't get what we want. The PCM is limiting the duty cycle and we haven't found what it is.

The signal is a 5v signal. I haven't scoped it to give you anymore data than that.

dseitler

Reaction score
It won't let the stock turbo produce over 30 pounds of boost either. Not speaking for everyone but it would not produce over 30 pounds of boost with my truck with dual fuelers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
It won't let the stock turbo produce over 30 pounds of boost either. Not speaking for everyone but it would not produce over 30 pounds of boost with my truck with dual fuelers.

dseitler

Reaction score
I have run all of the H&S tunes up to calibration 4 along with SPE, GearHead and Elite and not one has produce over 30 pounds of boost on my 13 with the stock turbo and dual fuelers. But I'm not giving up until I hit 50 lbs. LOL

Latest posts

Members online