2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
As a heart attack.

Tell me what bone stock 4r can handle even half of what a bone stock 6r will? Oh yeah, none.

The 6r is built like a ***king tank inside. Give it some time and you will forget about a 4r.... I know I have. But then again I own a built 6r.....

and a built 4R cannot handle a tremendous amount of weight like a ccsb ...

as for the boost issues, my 13' would not make over 30 no matter what either.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
As a heart attack.

Tell me what bone stock 4r can handle even half of what a bone stock 6r will? Oh yeah, none.

The 6r is built like a ***king tank inside. Give it some time and you will forget about a 4r.... I know I have. But then again I own a built 6r.....

Stock to stock ya, not even close.... Built not yet sorry.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree on the built side. But only time will tell.

Just saying, putting a 4r behind a 6.7 would be like shooting yourself in the foot.

But that's just my opinion.

For sure a time thing... When it holds more power than any Ford has ever made over and over like the 4R I will drop my $ in the 6R jar.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
For sure a time thing... When it holds more power than any Ford has ever made over and over like the 4R I will drop my $ in the 6R jar.

you're forgetting power vs weight. it would not live behind craigs truck.. maybe last a pass or so. input shaft cant handle the load.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
you're forgetting power vs weight. it would not live behind craigs truck.. maybe last a pass or so. input shaft cant handle the load.

It held well in the milk truck and also in madsens. He got a shaft from John and has been running it for years.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It held well in the milk truck and also in madsens. He got a shaft from John and has been running it for years.

yeah but maddog hasn't made much power in a long time. craigs truck at 1300-1400 horse was too much. he proved it.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Since this took a derail about trannies....got a question about them that hopefully someone can answer....Can you set up a 4r or 6r (pretty sure a 5r can't) so that you COMPLETELY control when it shifts?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Since this took a derail about trannies....got a question about them that hopefully someone can answer....Can you set up a 4r or 6r (pretty sure a 5r can't) so that you COMPLETELY control when it shifts?

You can with a 4r with a stand alone.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
He was running it back when he was drag racing...

I don't know who Craig is???

he never drag raced it after he got that shaft from john, I got him the shaft. it held some dyno pulls over 1200 after that, but im pretty sure he never raced it like that. regardless, the 6R has too many gears , its gonna have to get wired to a 4 speed for real drag racing, but you would have to be a moron to go from a 6R to a 4R for a street driven truck.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
he never drag raced it after he got that shaft from john, I got him the shaft. it held some dyno pulls over 1200 after that, but im pretty sure he never raced it like that. regardless, the 6R has too many gears , its gonna have to get wired to a 4 speed for real drag racing, but you would have to be a moron to go from a 6R to a 4R for a street driven truck.

Ahhh he told me he was drag racing with that shaft. Whatev

Ya I agree it would be dumb to swap.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
who has a 6r that holds to what craig has thrown at a 4r? just curious as I don't know know who the high hp 6.7s guys are or what they even are hp wise or what even needs done to the 6r.

Reaction score
who has a 6r that holds to what craig has thrown at a 4r? just curious as I don't know know who the high hp 6.7s guys are or what they even are hp wise or what even needs done to the 6r.

The 4r has it's known limits.

The 6r has massively strong internals. Hell they've been produced since 2010 and you still don't see sh*t for upgrades.... There's a reason, they are strong. We will start seeing more high hp 6r's soon. I personally will not take the 6r out of my reg cab. If it comes down to that l will just quit trying to make any more power with it. It will be running soon with big compounds to match the fuel and spray. We will see how the trans holds.

Only reason I could see doing a swap is to a 47 like Craig's for competition drag truck or a manual trans for a straight competition pull truck.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
The 4r has it's known limits.

The 6r has massively strong internals. Hell they've been produced since 2010 and you still don't see sh*t for upgrades.... There's a reason, they are strong. We will start seeing more high hp 6r's soon. I personally will not take the 6r out of my reg cab. If it comes down to that l will just quit trying to make any more power with it. It will be running soon with big compounds to match the fuel and spray. We will see how the trans holds.

Only reason I could see doing a swap is to a 47 like Craig's for competition drag truck or a manual trans for a straight competition pull truck.

So what are the limits in a drag racing application? 4 door stuff thrown out.

Latest posts