2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

mattmal9

Reaction score
No. The duty cycle is limited on the earlier trucks also. The issue isn't noticed on a baby turbo like the stock unit, once you put in a large turbine wheel like whats in the 4094 is when we have found we could use more duty cycle.

How is that going on dsetlier's truck? Any luck figuring that out yet?

Reaction score
Got 5 kits out there right now. At 5000' altitude the out of the box H&S tune is too smokey and will require MCC for a good rocky mountains tow vehicle.

What is the low boost set at? We are only 500' and on 3 it's no different than the stock turbo.

I do agree though. The vane positioning at less than 1700 RPMs can be made to work better. We are working to see what we can pull out on the green truck. Make it spool as close to stock as possible. Least be on par with a 2015 truck.

Ford_tough

Reaction score
Just placed my order on the billet charger so hopefully you guys will be hearing some good news from me pretty soon. Can't wait to try it out!

cooper09250

Reaction score
What's the difference between stock and billet? Im not looking to make power at the sacrifice of towing. The stock is in stock.... That's funny. I'm going to try and kill mine early on my 2012, and that shouldn't be tough

Jesse_01

Reaction score
What's the difference between stock and billet? Im not looking to make power at the sacrifice of towing. The stock is in stock.... That's funny. I'm going to try and kill mine early on my 2012, and that shouldn't be tough
Mine turbo is a early model 2011, tuned on high from the get go. Over 120k on it and has seen over 1700* on egt. It is still going strong. Constantly runs a 32psi max.

I must of got a good one. I imagen if I hit 2000* on my egt that it would be tost lol or engine would be anyways lol.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Mine turbo is a early model 2011, tuned on high from the get go. Over 120k on it and has seen over 1700* on egt. It is still going strong. Constantly runs a 32psi max.

I must of got a good one. I imagen if I hit 2000* on my egt that it would be tost lol or engine would be anyways lol.
deleted for 120k too?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
To the failures we see here the 6.0L dwarfed the failure rate stock for stock in the turbo department. I've got 44K on mine. Tune for 40k. Still running the last best tuning from HS before they went into turbo safety mode. Gross 26k frequently... idunno.... maybe a matter of time. But it still rollin.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
To the failures we see here the 6.0L dwarfed the failure rate stock for stock in the turbo department. I've got 44K on mine. Tune for 40k. Still running the last best tuning from HS before they went into turbo safety mode. Gross 26k frequently... idunno.... maybe a matter of time. But it still rollin.

pretty sure the 11-14 warranty ratio was less than that of the 99-02 . we all know the 7.3 at 235 rated hp with minimal pollution equipment was incredibly reliable. not sure if they factor the accessories such as turbo into this , but the 6.7 has proven incredibly strong. hell, since I have bought my 6.7 I have NEVER heard of one spit rod, just the legend of it.

Latest posts

Members online