2011 6.7 with a 2015 turbo.....

B585Ford

Reaction score
pretty sure the 11-14 warranty ratio was less than that of the 99-02 . we all know the 7.3 at 235 rated hp with minimal pollution equipment was incredibly reliable. not sure if they factor the accessories such as turbo into this , but the 6.7 has proven incredibly strong. hell, since I have bought my 6.7 I have NEVER heard of one spit rod, just the legend of it.

I have seen the same thing posted before. I agree as reliable as the 7.3 was, with all of the electronics that have to go into modern diesels, that is an impressive feat and definitely says something about the engine. It is kinda ironic that the 6.7 suffers from one of the same weak links at the 7.3...the rods....if you stay stock, there is a good chance the engine will outlast the rest of the truck.

Reaction score
5ebeva2a.jpg

Just knocking out some TowMax's

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Got one of these kit's going on a stock F550 service truck. :thumbsup: I'll let ya know Morgan.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
pretty sure the 11-14 warranty ratio was less than that of the 99-02 . we all know the 7.3 at 235 rated hp with minimal pollution equipment was incredibly reliable. not sure if they factor the accessories such as turbo into this , but the 6.7 has proven incredibly strong. hell, since I have bought my 6.7 I have NEVER heard of one spit rod, just the legend of it.

Agreed. All the issues seem to have been in the infancy of tuning the 6.7. Pretty sure I heard of lots of 7.3 blowing up while they were figuring out tuning.

Latest posts

Members online