2014 Sema project

Jmuck

Reaction score
Great choice on the audio gear. Those C5's sound really good, I actually like the C5's better than the ZR's. That 900/5 is a hoss also.

jordan572

Reaction score
I got a start on installing the speakers and wiring the crossovers for the rear system. All I can say is this stuff seems to take forever, like I said no master here but dang. It's dark, hot and just putzy work overall. Garbage part is I won't even be able to test any of it out until the truck is nearly finished which sucks but I have to do it now or I know I won't have time to do it later. I'll have to wait until the cab is on the frame to finish the front install, the doors will probably have to come off so I can get a good shot at drilling the front molex plugs. As far as the back, only the tweeter mounts in the door. For the rear speaker system only, the tweeter is spliced into the woofer. All I had to do its run my tweeter wires from the crossover to the oe woofer wires. I didn't have to drill the rear door plugs or try to fish wire through that mess. The oe speaker wiring should pretty easily handle the power consumption of just a tweeter. The Jl woofer that mounts in the back quarter/cab corner area received new wire straight from the crossover. The crossover location is by no means ideal, I spent a good 15 minutes looking around and it seemed like the cleanest place to hide it however.

The tweeters took quite a long time to mount, after sorting through the miscellaneous assortment of provided hardware I decided to use the oe mount. Lot of caution prying with some precision screw drivers and the adhesive gave away. A bunch of dremel action and fitting followed by the final glue up should work just fine.

I got a good start with the audio stuff, the rear is done for the most part. I still need to splice a ton of wires to get my signal off of. Other than that its just the front crossover stuff and it should be good to go, if I wired everything correctly :pimp:.

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

Factory sub getting wild,
IMG_2254.jpg

Stealth box fits just like a glove, contours to every curve in the floor. The rear heated seat control module will need to be relocated however.

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

Quick amp, processor mount one of the guys worked up for me. Will get the job done, not super impressive by any means but I'm mainly after a sound quality upgrade.
IMG_2218.jpg

jordan572

Reaction score
Go Trevor, Go! :poke:

Everything is finally coming together for us, so happy to see PMF Suspension finally able to do work. This lift is going to be insane! Trevor has really put in the extra work redesigning pieces to be the best they can be. I can't wait,

IMG_1264-1.jpg

IMG_2391-1.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2330.jpg

millermwd

Reaction score
Under the seat, and yes only one 13.5'', sorry to disappoint.

Haha no worries but i have a toolbox thing under there and tryin to find a spot behind the seat for a sub.

The JL is gonna be good man never go wrong with them!
I was trying to find a box that fits good for the truck

jordan572

Reaction score
Haha no worries but i have a toolbox thing under there and tryin to find a spot behind the seat for a sub.

The JL is gonna be good man never go wrong with them!
I was trying to find a box that fits good for the truck

Subthump makes a behind the seat box for 08+ crew cabs, holds 2 12'' slim mounts I believe.

jordan572

Reaction score
Thanks man just hope it fits i have the window motor and factory sub crap all back there :/

Yea I'm sure it wont with the factory sub, can't delete that either, at least not the amp. That things the brains of the sync operations I guess.

jordan572

Reaction score
I'm working on the truck as much as I can now, I am way behind on posting so I'll try to start catching up here. Onto what everyone on the army wants to see, the motor work. Nothing crazy going on here, keeping the stock internals but we'll be pushing those plenty hard by the end. The plan is to run all H&S gear on the motor, Bentley and the crew over at H&S Motorsports are great. I can't say thank you enough for their involvement in this build, it is really awesome to receive support from the best. Very few have even gave me the time of day to check out my project so this is really cool.

Anyway, I got to tearing off the top side of the motor, its so awesome to work on a brand new motor sitting on the ground. Pretty much cheating, first thing to come off was the EGR cooler. Slowly you could start to see an engine under all the garbage. I then pulled the upper and lower intake manifolds and other miscellaneous parts to get to the turbo. I made my way to that heavy turd, yanked it out along with the exhaust manifolds. Pretty much buttoned it up until parts started showing up. Little bit of cp3 action with a new spinny thing should make this thing right I'm thinking.

IMG_2083.jpg

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

37 miles of recirculated soot, :bs:.

IMG_2098.jpg

Cool shot of the dual stats in the primary cooling system.

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

Latest posts