2nd Annual Rudy's Diesel Track/Dyno Day

mike@haller's

Reaction score
Were almost ready to roll out.
ae2d8972-0cbe-7491.jpg

Were bringing our mobile dynojet 224. Pretty excited to be a part of this event and looking forward to meeting alot of you.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Any idea on how many people are expected? I have no idea how many where there last year. Finally found a buddy to go with me. Just a long damn ride.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Any idea on how many people are expected? I have no idea how many where there last year. Finally found a buddy to go with me. Just a long damn ride.

I would say 1000 is the goal. Prolly close to 500 at the Dyno day. I know of close to 30-40, if not more people coming just from MD alone.

TheBigDeOGE

Reaction score
i know of about 20 guys that told me they were gonna dyno so its gonna be pretty busy. i will squeese the 4wheeler in there in b/t workin on the track.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Any close hotel that might have an open room? Never been off 95 down that way.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score

You'll want to take 85. 95 turns into 85 around Petersburg, VA. The majority of people will be staying in hotels near Durham. Most are at the quality inn off hillsborough rd I believe. I've been hearing rooms are about $55 a night.

If you want to stay close to the track I think Burlington is a close town.

Durham is 45 min from the track.

Others might be able to help you out more.

HD F250

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it. Too many things to do and not enough time to get it all done....

Definitely next year!!!!

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
Only a couple of days now! Can't wait!

I don't know a head count on last year, but it was a lot. I'd guess 300-500. And I'll bet there's gonna be a LOT more this year.

Here is the video I took last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc0CzYgOmsM

In that initial parking lot walk-around, I counted over 60 trucks, and that video was taken fairly early in the day, at like 11:00. Plus, there were trucks parked back in the area nearer Rudy's shop and the dyno, as well as some parked on the streets back towards the Bojangles. All in all, I'd guess around 100 trucks last year.

How far is it for you to go to Piedmont?

Also, this is a question for some of the folks in charge: I'll have my nice video camera with me again this year (as well as a tripod this time). Depending on how many people are there/how decent a view I can get of the tracks, is there a possibility I could get a pass/permission to get a little closer to the track to get video? Send me a PM if you don't want to air this publicly. Thanks!

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

We're staying in Burlington right off 85 at the ramada inn convention center, didn't feel like driving 45 minutes in the morning to get to the track.. only 15 minutes from the Ramada.. rooms were like 59 a night.

Latest posts

Members online