38r BatMoWheel Update

Big Bore

Reaction score
...and ^^^this did not answer it. :poke:

Gee, guess we will have to fire him for not answering you correctly. :slap:

If you really need to know that badly and are actually considering getting one, then the manufacturer or retailers are the place to get the most accurate information. However, since the ball bearing GTP38r uses a larger 88mm compressor wheel and a stock journal bearing GTP38 uses a 80mm, I'm going to say the answer to your question is no.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score

Gee, guess we will have to fire him for not answering you correctly. :slap:

If you really need to know that badly and are actually considering getting one, then the manufacturer or retailers are the place to get the most accurate information. However, since the ball bearing GTP38r uses a larger 88mm compressor wheel and a stock journal bearing GTP38 uses a 80mm, I'm going to say the answer to your question is no.

Look above. I got my answer in the last page...

I didnt mean to come off as an ass. Just didnt understand why he said half of what he said. A super 66 or whatever he was talking about had nothing to do with my question.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Look above. I got my answer in the last page...

I didnt mean to come off as an ass. Just didnt understand why he said half of what he said. A super 66 or whatever he was talking about had nothing to do with my question.

It had quite a bit to.do with your.question. Go back, look at what I said, and it should become pretty obvious. Ill give you a hint, a 38r can be made to fit in your obs turbo. This is a 38r thread. I was attempting to keep this on topic as there are umpteen threads about obs turbos,d66s(obs turbo with a 38r compressor wheel), and super 66 turbos(obs turbo, 38r compressor section, and 1.15 non wg with larger turbine wheel). Yet again, that should make it more obvious how my answer has a tie to what you have.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
It had quite a bit to.do with your.question. Go back, look at what I said, and it should become pretty obvious. Ill give you a hint, a 38r can be made to fit in your obs turbo. This is a 38r thread. I was attempting to keep this on topic as there are umpteen threads about obs turbos,d66s(obs turbo with a 38r compressor wheel), and super 66 turbos(obs turbo, 38r compressor section, and 1.15 non wg with larger turbine wheel). Yet again, that should make it more obvious how my answer has a tie to what you have.

I understand its a 38r thread. But I think it will be ok. And I have NEVER heard of a super 66....are you talking about a D66? Drop in for OBS and SD's? Cuz if so no one calls then super 66s' and thats what confused me.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I understand its a 38r thread. But I think it will be ok. And I have NEVER heard of a super 66....are you talking about a D66? Drop in for OBS and SD's? Cuz if so no one calls then super 66s' and thats what confused me.

Did you not read what I just typed? It says in plain english what a d66 and super 66 is. I mean you are in a 38r thread asking about parts for an obs turbo! Ive answered your question if you would read a little, just a little, its obvious. I know it probably doesnt matter that the question was asked but I typed in the question with the search function and I found the answer. Not only that but as I said the answers have been given.

Can you get a batmo for:
Obs turbo? Yes
For a stock 7.3 sd turbo? yes
For a 38r?yes AND that wheel, the point of this thread, can be made to fit in an obs turbo.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
So I asked this in the other batmowheel but I figured I'd ask here to. When you produce a product such as the bmw, don't you test/beta test it before releasing it to the public? I just figured a dyno test before and after would be something the company releasing product would do. Just to show what kind of gains can be had. I'm not just talking hp and tq numbers, but so people can see why its worth the 400

Wicked

Reaction score
So I asked this in the other batmowheel but I figured I'd ask here to. When you produce a product such as the bmw, don't you test/beta test it before releasing it to the public? I just figured a dyno test before and after would be something the company releasing product would do. Just to show what kind of gains can be had. I'm not just talking hp and tq numbers, but so people can see why its worth the 400

While you would think so but they would have to test like 50 different turbos on all sorts of different vehicles. There is batmowheels in all different sizes from anything from stock turbo replacements to aftermarket turbos... not just diesels but cars too.

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Isn't tha the point of beta testing. Tell someone you will give them the product to trial test for say 3months, if they decide to keep it then give it to them at a discount rate if they dyno test before and after and also pass the word its a good product. If they don't like or it doesn't improve anything for the money there spending. Send the product back and see how product handled the testing ad such. I can't see a company designing a product and saying it works, buy it from me for big bucks.I wouldn't buy it.

Wicked

Reaction score
Isn't tha the point of beta testing. Tell someone you will give them the product to trial test for say 3months, if they decide to keep it then give it to them at a discount rate if they dyno test before and after and also pass the word its a good product. If they don't like or it doesn't improve anything for the money there spending. Send the product back and see how product handled the testing ad such. I can't see a company designing a product and saying it works, buy it from me for big bucks.I wouldn't buy it.

They did that... It has shown improvement over all types. Its up to 7.3 owners to dyno test the wheels. I have seen improvements in turbo Cobras, that 6.0 that was talked about on this website, and some duramax that had it put on their truck.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Can't wait to see some numbers on the 38r with the batmo

It seems to me the question of whether or not it makes any actual improvements could be easily answered with 1/4 mile times, boost numbers and EGT's before and after. Those would be much more practical and appreciable than dyno numbers.

The fact that none of these are available makes me highly skeptical that there is $400 value in that part.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
I'm still trying to find leaks I thought I fixed it but I'm smoking again and etgs are back up. I've looked and looked.. Used a boost leak tester and soapy water..

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
I had the same symptoms, and it turned out to be the exhaust Manifold bolts.....got new ones, changed them out, (Never-Siezed both threads and Flangehead, torqued them to 50), and HUGE difference......

they shoulda painted the damn block blue er sumthin...can't see the leaks very well....

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Hopefully, bill gets my injectors soon and I will have the numbers and track times as we are gonna hit up commerce and make some runs with it... Bill has my wheel just waiting on the injectors!

TyCorr

Reaction score
That's why I painted mine grey/silver! It does look like the back exhaust port on both sides has been leaking I tightened the bolts down a good 1/4 - 1/2 turn

Are you gasketed or not? Im up in the air about this as my motor is coming out and Im not sure whether to use gaskets or not. Im considering studs.too vs the stock bolts.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
I do have gaskets and bolts. I didn't see any signs of leaks besides the rear exhaust ports on both sides. And both sides I could tighten the bolts the rest were really tight still.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.