$400 motor goes 80k...

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Just resealed me first 7.3 pan few weeks back. Ford says it need like a 6mm bead on front and back and 3.5 on the sides. It looked ridiculously thick to me but when you put a pan down dry you see the gaps that need to be filled. Also the ford 7.3 sealant is a must. Its a caulk Tube that specifically says for 7.3. Joe if it was a new pan, it should have came with a new o ring and dipstick tube adapter. I hope you did not install a dorman pan.

TA-31.png

Where did you get that at?? The local Ford Dealer ship does not sell it. They acted like they did not know what it was.. And did not seem to have any interest in trying to get it..

Arisley

Reaction score
Never heard of a Ford shop that did not sell that stuff. It will seal anything. I did some roof repair that kept leaking no matter what I used. Ran a bead of Ford Grey Death around it, no leaks for going on two years now.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Guys, ford grey is amazing, we use it on everything at work, we use it on mack and cummins oil pans, and anything needing silicone, it holds up WELL!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
If your ford dealer doesn't have it than walk away. That **** is the only thing that compensates for the gap in the pan. I have yet to confirm if its the same as the international grey that they give you with the rear main, but having the caulk gun makes doing beads a breeze.

ghohouston

Reaction score
If your ford dealer doesn't have it than walk away. That **** is the only thing that compensates for the gap in the pan. I have yet to confirm if its the same as the international grey that they give you with the rear main, but having the caulk gun makes doing beads a breeze.

I believe it is the same as the intenational grey

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
Do you have the part number?? maybe If I gave they the part number they could find it. or get it...

I ordered parts through them. And got the wrong ones. I ordered a 99-03 ZF6 Manual tranny dust cover for the clutch area.. Told the guy maybe four or five times it had to be for the ZF6 manual tranny. he got me the auto tranny one.......... i have not been back since..

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Thats a dressing for gaskets. Same color or not, I wouldnt use anything but the ford stuff. Isn't worth doing the job twice

ParkerFly

Reaction score
The ultra grey permatex I've used doesn't compare to the International Red. That stuff dries to concrete and has to be chiseled off. The ultra grey acts like most any other silicone I've used and doesn't seem to hold up as well.

Arisley

Reaction score
Take some Vasoline with you when you go to buy it, they don't supply it. I about crapped my pants when I bought the last time.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Hey if he wants to do that, ill be glad to help him, and I understand being tight on money, but seems like alot of hassle for some silicone, but if he wants it, he can p.m. me

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.