6.4 2.6 pulling truck build

black6.4

Reaction score
Gearing is so little of a difference....it sounds totaly different also it looks like it blows smoke higher over the cab....did u get your new parts on yet or is that gonna be next year?

Reaction score
No, will not till the new engine gets built. I think the engine sound and smoke height is mainly deceiving because I'm running 5" pipe to a 7" stack. Lower stack velocity and mellower sound. And ironically it's worst pull was in Bloomington, when the traction bars broke and I ran the really slow gear. I think if we coulda have pulled again together the way the truck is running now it would be closer than 7'. It is what it is. I really don't care to have a battle of who's 6,4 is better lol.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Just thinking outloud here but I've heard of people running bigger tires on the front to get the front to pull harder. Have you thought about this

Reaction score
Just thinking outloud here but I've heard of people running bigger tires on the front to get the front to pull harder. Have you thought about this

The truck bite and pulls hard. In fact it doesn't have enough power to overcome the grip of the tires. I've been taking traction out of it just to help it out. Seems silly but it's what it is.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Nice work Louis.

PSA needs to name this truck. My favorite puller name is "off constantly". Announcers never understand why people when they shout over the PA "whose gonna beat of constantly" lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
great white hope.

because that's what it is for us ford folks. name sticks.

glad to see it carry rpm like that, getting it done buddy , great job.

Last edited:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Great job Morgan! Were you running the same setup as all year or did you play with some stuff, besides when you added weight and raised the hitch height for the open class.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
We changed some stuff.

Well it worked. I won't even ask what you did, you can't give away all of your secrets! Great job again man. I CAN NOT WAIT for next year to see how this thing runs with what you have planned for this engine! Keep it up Morgan, your representing the ford community well:ford: