6.4 2.6 pulling truck build

Reaction score
Yeah. I have a pretty sneaking suspicion the rear end let go first now. Then the power all transferred to the front, blew out the u-joints, they had no where to go once they wadded up, so they spit the knuckle off as it was the path of least resistance.

RedRice589

Reaction score
And your brain isn't far off the reservation.

There's no reservation for Gingers:priest: can't build a prison to hold us.

Sooo gonna have her patched up soon??!!?? I just need to drive out there. I have to run in a stake race at Arlington park... Chicago is close enough to you right?

01PSD

Reaction score
Damn that sucks... $$$$ at first it sounded like the engine was in shambles but I guess it was the sled mangling the rear end :puke:

Reaction score
So the rear shaft broke. Which in turn unloaded and sent all the power to the front. Which instantly destroyed the u-joints and wadded the yokes together. When they wadded up something had to give and since the rest of the axle is stout, the weakest link was the ball joints.

The fix includes, but not limited to, new spicer ball joints, repair the rear driveshaft, chromoly axles, billet u-joints with chromoly caps, two new abs sensors, one new shock absorber, possibly one brake line (surprising that they are intact and only one has even a mark on it), new bed and front fender. Repair the rear sled bumper.

Last edited:

B585Ford

Reaction score
Do you know what engine revved to when everything broke? I assume the engine didn't get hurt?

Latest posts

Members online