6.4 Custom Cold Air Intake

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Until my custom elbow is done , I used elite elbow, here is a pic mounted on my truck. The kit comes with a bushing for stock turbos. the elbow is perfect.

dytyqegy.jpg

So the when the elbows are ready guys can just buy that piece as an upgrade correct?

Very very clean BTW.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh so I couldn't even use the 4 inch elbow on my 71mm could I?

Yes you can , same as you would on a stocker. The inlets on the 71mm are a hair bigger than stock but they fit. Stock is 3" and 71/72 is 3.1" ... I remember on my tow powers we just removed a tiny bit. You will be fine and I highly recommend the 4" inlet.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
So just to clarify I am to use the stock piece that goes from 4-3 correct?
C3F1-4FFE-B243-C79F873E0F3C-12483-000005E496288B93.jpg

The other intake elbow you will have will not fit to mine then correct?
2DFA-4B2E-BD6C-9C2733F21739-12483-000005E3EAB4D890.jpg

Just clarifying before I order.

Yes you can , same as you would on a stocker. The inlets on the 71mm are a hair bigger than stock but they fit. Stock is 3" and 71/72 is 3.1" ... I remember on my tow powers we just removed a tiny bit. You will be fine and I highly recommend the 4" inlet.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
it will fit, it comes with a reducing bushing. the best means to get air in there is the largest vokume, and by keeping it 4" all the way we acheive that. the 4" elbow will come with a 4-3" reducer. this elbow and reducer combo is for the tow power/stock turbo guy to get the same benefit as the larger turbo inlet guys.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
How is it considered 'cold air' if it draws air in from the engine compartment? Or is there a cover/box or something that forces it to draw from the outside?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
How is it considered 'cold air' if it draws air in from the engine compartment? Or is there a cover/box or something that forces it to draw from the outside?

It still is fed from 2 different sources of outside ambient air via the vent and the snorkel. That being said my egt's have dropped at cruising speed by a few degrees vs the s an b intake. Enough be noticeable but I have not done a back to back test to verify, but they certainly have not gone up. One thing I will say is the turbos are a bit more pronounced as its breathing so much better than before.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.