6.4 Custom Cold Air Intake

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
For now mine come with the elite elbow until mine are done. $400 shipped for the whole enchilada and now I will be offering a CCv kit to atmosphere with 10ft of hose for $75 shipped.

nickg3130

Reaction score
For now mine come with the elite elbow until mine are done. $400 shipped for the whole enchilada and now I will be offering a CCv kit to atmosphere with 10ft of hose for $75 shipped.

Out of curiosity what's going to be the difference between the elite elbow and your elbow? Is your elbow going to be specifically for stock-sized turbo inlets?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Out of curiosity what's going to be the difference between the elite elbow and your elbow? Is your elbow going to be specifically for stock-sized turbo inlets?

The kit already comes with a 4"-3" reducing bushing so the 4" inlet works with stock turbos. The new boot will utilize the same bushing. Mine will be 4" at the turbo and 5" at the elbow. That way the intake pipe will be all 5". The angles will be identicle , the elite boot is perfect fit and very well made. I went to the same builder.

Last edited:

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Here's a pic of mine with the mouth piece, egr delete, stock turbo's, and cold side pipe. This CAI is awsome! Awsome job mike, fit and finish is great and it sounds mean! Truck runs way better.
Thanks again!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351051282.482111.jpg

SENT BY MAGIC

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Ok so just checking/looking at pics, this filter will just rest in that area? Or is something holding it up and out of the way from rubbing on anything?

Just asked Mike the same thing, I'll get a better pic of underneath tomorrow but for normal duty looks like this set up will work just fine........I however, I have never been gentle or easy on my truck, especially when it comes to desert running......I'm sure Mike will get us squared away

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Just asked Mike the same thing, I'll get a better pic of underneath tomorrow but for normal duty looks like this set up will work just fine........I however, I have never been gentle or easy on my truck, especially when it comes to desert running......I'm sure Mike will get us squared away

Mine just rests there, the boot seems to hold it up pretty well so far. Nothing rubbing or anything.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
As of now I see no reason to brace it as the elbow is substantially reinforced for just such a purpose. Julian is gonna beat up on his and let me know if it is an issue. Mine has never budged , I know Claussen and Settlemire have never had an issue. Im gonna add a bead roll on the 5" end just for giggles , but assuming all clamps are tight I really can't see this being an issue.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
As of now I see no reason to brace it as the elbow is substantially reinforced for just such a purpose. Julian is gonna beat up on his and let me know if it is an issue. Mine has never budged , I know Claussen and Settlemire have never had an issue. Im gonna add a bead roll on the 5" end just for giggles , but assuming all clamps are tight I really can't see this being an issue.

I'll let you know for sure Mike......

I had some people ask me for a video on the improved whistle on some other forums, so I might as well post here it too, I actually have a better video, but my stupid camera won't let me upload :fustrate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCwUpamS_aY

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
what comes with the CCV kit?

1" bypass hose that reroutes the line back towards the fender well/fire wall around the oil fill spout,Hose connector , 10 feet of 1" hose and clamps. nothing special , just like the one I run on my drivers side.

Erikclaw

Reaction score

I don't see a reason to brace it either. It holds itself very well and after having my set up for over a year I have had no problems.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I think bracing is a must. At least just one bar that runs down to pop into a factory grommet. Mine sees hell off road

Latest posts

Members online