6.4 powerstroke turbo

theo64

Reaction score
looking for anyone that wants too post your compound turbo set up. looking for ideas and setup.

Last edited:

Racer71

Reaction score
I ended up with a 74mm low pressure and a stock high pressure with a billet wheel. kC didn’t have their chargers ready to sell yet. I know the hp turbo is a big restriction that causes some of the tuning issues. I would’ve liked to go single but I was afraid of issues towing.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Ill post a couple setups I’ve had one being the 72/118 setup from Godzilla , the other is just a max power 66/82 setup from elite. I’m buying a set from taterbuilt now for this dd 6.4 I have since mine are going out, but it’ll get a big compound kit from a friend of mine in Canada in the future. The tater setup will be a 60/72 setup. I know a couple guys that have ran his turbos and all love them, the firepunk guys run his turbos a lot too on the Cummins stuff

Attachments

• 6EFAB1CE-B60A-477D-9F5F-0D5CCDC9C8B6.png
    6EFAB1CE-B60A-477D-9F5F-0D5CCDC9C8B6.png
    285.7 KB · Views: 91

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
We (KC turbos) sell drop in sets. Charlie had a really good write up somewhere about some of the issues we had ran into while testing turbos, and some of the restrictions we were also running into. We were actually finding that the turbine side of the low pressure was a restriction, and I believe we are working on building a larger turbine housing for the low pressure to confirm our thoughts. We had swapped on countless low pressure and hi pressure combinations, even going stupid large on the hi pressure side with no increase in overall power, nor any real decrease in back pressure. On our test truck, with dual fuelers and 100% injectors we were consistently in the 950 range with a 59/76 setup, and pushed it to slightly over 1000, but didn’t feel that the 1000 number would be a long term tune to keep everything in 1 piece. We more or less did that just to say we did…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theo64

Reaction score
Ill post a couple setups I’ve had one being the 72/118 setup from Godzilla , the other is just a max power 66/82 setup from elite. I’m buying a set from taterbuilt now for this dd 6.4 I have since mine are going out, but it’ll get a big compound kit from a friend of mine in Canada in the future. The tater setup will be a 60/72 setup. I know a couple guys that have ran his turbos and all love them, the firepunk guys run his turbos a lot too on the Cummins stuff
I have be looking into the old elite max power i currently have the elite high power jrs on it. did you like your max power turbo setup

theo64

Reaction score
okay thanks what brand of charge is the the low side. also was it a t4- t6 housing. did you end up modifying the intake so it clears the sensors.

theo64

Reaction score
i thought the big charger was low pressure and small one was high pressure.. what brand was the big one. who did all the fab work for it

ncollins64

Reaction score
The big turbo is the low pressure, and it’s precision. The vgt high pressure turbo is the smaller one and it was modded by elite. Might can check with Sideaction diesel now, he might be the only one doing those style vgts anymore.

ncollins64

Reaction score
That crossover pipe would need to be fabbed. Britton at Sideaction will try and sell you on his kit but I wouldn’t and he doesn’t like precisions. I’d buy a vgt and the adapter from him and make the rest. I forget what size vgts he offers, me personally I’m having a friend make my set at 66/88 but I think he’s gonna use a t6 precision.

ncollins64

Reaction score
If you wanna pm me I can get you in contact with a good buddy in Canada that does amazing work with these compounds. His are better than the elite setups were and nicer too.

Latest posts

Members online