6.4 Tune Results

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Thats some poor wording IMO, Matt has never advised to run the race file on stock bolts. I honestly think these trucks need studs sooner or later regardless of the tune. Good luck

Good catch.

Matt definitely doesnt say any file is fine for stock head bolts, never has. He does a great job on the "safe side" of tuning IMO, keeping temps and cylinder pressures in check better than most I have seen.

So what I meant to say was, I am going to run these files for as long as I can and am not really afraid to run his files un studded. The truck will be studded once it starts to puke

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i would wager cuz of elites past..........wording issue.

i have to add, that has been fixed, just would wager, it flooded the market for arp's.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i would wager cuz of elites past..........wording issue.

i have to add, that has been fixed, just would wager, it flooded the market for arp's.

Elite is out of 1722a studs too so it must but have hurt then all that bad

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ronin

Reaction score
You sure that wasn't the Hot Street file that made 530?

Absolutely POSITIVE! Eric (Dez Racing) must have asked me a dozen times...you didn't recommend running the Hot Street without studs/delete, so I didn't!

Personally, I think the downpipe and CAC pipe helped a little bit, but my buddy's truck has them too...

pog

Reaction score
Absolutely POSITIVE! Eric (Dez Racing) must have asked me a dozen times...you didn't recommend running the Hot Street without studs/delete, so I didn't!

Personally, I think the downpipe and CAC pipe helped a little bit, but my buddy's truck has them too...

i think he recommends not running race tune without studs.. seems high for a street tune

Last edited:

Ronin

Reaction score
i think he recommends not running race tune without studs.. seems high for a street tune

Nope, Matt said he recommends studs/delete for the Hot Street tune, which is why I'm just running the plain old Street tune.

Eric's an experienced diesel (Ford and others) mechanic and dyno operator, and having my buddy's Spartanized truck there as an additional point of reference was most handy (in addition to all sorts of other trucks). Can't say everyone else there was as happy as I was, nothing like having THOUSANDS of dollars into your build; turbos, injectors, pump, tranny and having a truck with an intake/tune/exhaust stomp its guts out...there was one Cummins truck and crew that thought they had me for sure, and came up short... LOL

Gearhead

Reaction score
I've changed my recommendation to the race for studs but there are those doing it and not having issues. What are your egts at wot with that file?

Ronin

Reaction score
I've changed my recommendation to the race for studs but there are those doing it and not having issues. What are your egts at wot with that file?

Sorry pog, I stand corrected. Sounds like I need to swap my tune up to Hot Street! What do you think I'll manage with that tune...?

I checked my Edge CTS and I know I peaked at 42 PSI boost. I'm not sure about EGTs though. I can tell you with the downpipe and CAC pipe I installed that my EGTs dropped dramatically and I'm anywhere from 100-150 degrees cooler than previously. I don't recall the alarm going off and not sure if it's in the history either, I'll check it out...

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Running the Street tune I dyno'd @ 530 HP/1047 Torque.

For comparison's sake my buddy's Spartanized '08 F350 dyno'd @ 491 HP running the 275 HP tune (and Spartan TCM).

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18101

My street file feels like it runs almost as strong as hot street, in fact from a stop its a little snappier. The main time I realize the difference between the two is on the freeway, street is much less powerful up top.

Would be cool if someone could dyno street, hot street, and race on the same dyno and the same day. I would bet if the truck didnt puke it would be larger than 40hp between the street and race

Ronin

Reaction score
My street file feels like it runs almost as strong as hot street, in fact from a stop its a little snappier. The main time I realize the difference between the two is on the freeway, street is much less powerful up top.

Would be cool if someone could dyno street, hot street, and race on the same dyno and the same day. I would bet if the truck didn't puke it would be larger than 40hp between the street and race

I would have run the Hot Street but I thought it wasn't recommended without the motor being studded/deleted. Hindsight's 20/20 and I definitely would have run it, but I'm definitely holding off on the Race tune until I get that done...

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I have ran race with no issue motor wise. I just didnt feel like the transmission liked it very much, seemed to want to slip. So i went back to street until I do a BTS and all the other goodies

Latest posts

Members online