6.4 Tune Results

baderic03

Reaction score
If anyone local to me and whants to put there truck on the dyno we can do back to back hits and get some numbers on all the tunes

and i have dyno alot of trucks and 6.4s with inovative,vivian looney tunes,H&S,Spartan,Gearhead and i cant belive the feed back i get from transmission drivabilty with Matts tunes I have also got good feed back froom Vivians tunes

3brorce

Reaction score
Have any new numbers for these tunes or havent they been dynoed again?

Gearhead

Reaction score
Digging up an old thread, but has anyone dynoed lately with the latest tunes?

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
Digging up an old thread, but has anyone dynoed lately with the latest tunes?

I think last night I saw someone say they put down 618hp in TN on a DynoJet on the race tune with just Intake, tune, and 5"

I plan to dyno mine after the egr, elbow, and cac on hot st. Will post it up. Hope to have traction bars by then but shifts are good 90% of the time.

The pedal seems very touchy!:swordfight:

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
Some of the early street tunes only made 40 less hp than the race....lol

Matt is the Street less touchy (pedal wise) then the hot street? Every little bump or anything in gears 1-2 maybe 3 just seems really jumpy or to responsive, with my 7.3 i had to push the pedal 1/2 way down to do anything.

pog

Reaction score
Matt is the Street less touchy (pedal wise) then the hot street? Every little bump or anything in gears 1-2 maybe 3 just seems really jumpy or to responsive, with my 7.3 i had to push the pedal 1/2 way down to do anything.

if you think matts tune are touchy you havent seen anything compared to spartan, kem and erics lol. matts tunes are the best ive ran since stock and now single turbo.

OUTLAW_6.4

Reaction score
if you think matts tune are touchy you havent seen anything compared to spartan, kem and erics lol. matts tunes are the best ive ran since stock and now single turbo.

I have always like Matts tunes and really have never heard anything bad about them. Smile every time i drive the 6.4, but its really had to even try to drive normal or smooth from 1-3 after that its sweet, the canned SCT tunes seem to just have more power but still drive like stock (not real touchy). the hot st feels like a really touchy race tune, maybe i will try the street and see what happens

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I have always like Matts tunes and really have never heard anything bad about them. Smile every time i drive the 6.4, but its really had to even try to drive normal or smooth from 1-3 after that its sweet, the canned SCT tunes seem to just have more power but still drive like stock (not real touchy). the hot st feels like a really touchy race tune, maybe i will try the street and see what happens

Try race

3brorce

Reaction score
Single Injection??

Some of the early street tunes only made 40 less hp than the race....lol

Matt, have you ever thought about building a pure single injection event tune? Or could you even with the 6.4? Be a rattly son of a gun but may see cooler engine temps, egts, coolant temp increase faster, less injector wear, and a slight increase in mileage. Only downside may be increased cylinder pressures I think. May just have to mess with timing to get her to fire off. Possible or no?

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
Matt, have you ever thought about building a pure single injection event tune? Or could you even with the 6.4? Be a rattly son of a gun but may see cooler engine temps, egts, coolant temp increase faster, less injector wear, and a slight increase in mileage. Only downside may be increased cylinder pressures I think. May just have to mess with timing to get her to fire off. Possible or no?

To do it right, there needs to be more parameters that sct gives us... I've done it the wrong way and it really doesn't gain anything other than noise.... my tunes pretty much go to a single injection event at WOT anyway.

Last edited:

3brorce

Reaction score
To do it right, there needs to be more parameters that sct gives us... I've done it the wrong way and it really doesn't gain anything other than noise.... my tunes pretty much go to a single injection event at WOT anyway.

Damn it EFI Live jk. But then with EFI you probably would not have any TCM functionality. H&S have any of those parameters compared to SCT? Just seeing as where in the cummins world they are seeing some improvements in the single event tunes. Ya, I can tell when the pilot shuts off in the tuning now. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online