6.4 Tune Results

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
This is good news ... Matt, you'll have an email coming next week... I was the one emailing u back and forth 2 weeks ago a out unlocking my buddies used mini maxx

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
Also, I'll be dynoing your hot street tomorrow at Rudy's. I'll post up some numbers and a video

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
I don't have the race tune... But I just got off the dyno and my truck kept down shifting... Wouldn't hold OD on the dyno.... Matt tweaked my trans tune a few months ago, not sure if that has anything to do with it... My truck holds OD on the street... But with the down shift max hp was 446 and max tq was 840... Not bad for 4th... Looked like I need tractions bars for sure. ... Any ideas how to get this thing to hold OD on the dyno?

BBottoms

Reaction score
I had to run mine up to about 70 and then roll into the throttle. It would downshift if you floored it much before that. Then you run it out to ~130 or so :)

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
I wasn't the one in the drivers seat... It was the guy froms the dyno thing... I'm at Rudy's diesel day in NC ... The guy said he even tried it at higher speeds like 85ish ... But he didn't load it very much... He just loaded it a little and then straight to the floor... Maybe that's why?

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
here's the video that i took on my iphone 5... my girlfriend was on the other side you can see her in the pink hoodie. she took a vid from the other side with my digital camera.. but i cant get that file to upload to youtube.. but here you go.. you can see it down shift into 4th.

Matt, any ideas whats going on here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhKkb0A1bHk

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
you can have matt write you a dyno tune......

one that specifically locks it into certain gear, specifically for a dyno run.

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
i didn't think about that.. but now that i'm thinking about that, i remember my IDP tunes have the tranny options to choose a dyno lock tune.. i just wanted to run it on the tune i run everyday driving..

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
and if that's what you want, you can have him write that engine tune, in a "dyno lock" trans file.

he's awesome to work with like that. :D

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Took my MCC tuning to the track this weekend. Truck still dirty from the day before, clothes and junk in the back seat, bed had some garbage in it.... definitely not track ready.

13.3 @ 99 was my best run. I left a lot on the table in the 60' due to driver error/35" M/Ts

CCLB, 35" MTs, Gearhead MCC tuning with the normal shifting strategy, No limit CAI, EGR is fully intact as is the factory cold side pipe. 100% full tank of fuel as well. No traction bars

I ran this same setup with Matts SCT tuning, 1/4 tank of fuel, S&B intake, 33" A/T, CLEAN cab and bed, tailgate removed ect.... and I clicked off a 13.2 @ 101 last summer.

In my thinking if I removed my tailgate, air down to a perfect pressure, ran with as little fuel as possible, cleared the cab of all extras, I probably could have match the time I ran with 33s.

I guess what I am trying to say here is between switching over to MCC and throwing on the No Limit intake to try out, I believe I have gained a significant amount.
I will be putting the 33s on next time to the track so I can give you a direct compassion just from switching intakes and tuning platform. I truly believe if I got the air pressure perfect and launched it properly I could get this intake/tune/exhaust CCLB truck into the 12s, but only time will tell.

p8ntballn2

Reaction score
Matt, any chance u can write me a dyno lock tune ? I want to get some real results out of ur hot street tune.

slowmans

Reaction score
trying to decide between the Street and hot street....is there really that much of a difference? I run IDP street as a DD, and occasionally the X-Street but am not a fan of the shifting for the firm stock lock....
truck has CAC pipe, Deleted DPF/DOC,4" turbo back, AFE intake,stock studs....

opinions?

Latest posts

Members online