6.4 Tune Results

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
if your gonna run a race tune normally, like most people, and you want a tune below that, why go one step down?

if your tuning down, then you'll probably end up needing more than just a little down.

towing, wife gets in the truck, kids take it. if race is to much, hot street probably is to.....

Gearhead

Reaction score
Is anybody still having trouble with the downshift and unlock out of OD at WOT? If so send me an email. I want to get a modified file out to a couple of people to see if the issue goes away.

3brorce

Reaction score
Is anybody still having trouble with the downshift and unlock out of OD at WOT? If so send me an email. I want to get a modified file out to a couple of people to see if the issue goes away.
I do have this issue but not running your tunes yet darn it!

Gearhead

Reaction score
you guys shoot me an email and send the offending file and the serial number of your programmer. i am wanting to see if a simple change i made fixes it.

3brorce

Reaction score
The tc will unlock under WOT at say 65mph and go to 4th but it wont lock back sometimes even after it goes to 5th. Mine will do this even less than half throttle like when passing on the hwy. All in all the tc unlocks way too easily.

Mine does pretty much the same thing but it does usually re-lock up.

Gearhead

Reaction score
The converter has to unlock during a downshift out of OD to keep from breaking stuff. The issue is that on some trucks it isn't relocking.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Most of my issues are in the 3-5 and 5-3 shifts when towing. Even with bars it will start to buck at the wrong loads, but it could be my trans starting to give up.

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
That is fuel rail pressure flutter.

Is this something we have to live with or is there a solution to it? I get it towing around 50-60 gradually accelerating. Let out of it a Lil get back in it & it goes away. HPFP only has about 5k miles on it.

Reaction score
For comparison, Our 6.4 Did 552 whp on the dyno with the HD300 and 596 whp with Matt's MCC files in the Performance setting. Truck is stock other than a MiniMaxx, Intake, and Exhaust.

Latest posts

Members online