6.7 Build (TXGLASSMAN)....

dirk0

Reaction score
Randall,

Who (besides you and I) is going through a build around our area?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
sounds like a similar build ... we'll see who gets done first ;)

JMart

Reaction score
Is that paint a factory option? Looks different with tan fenders but the bottom of the truck still white.

It used to be a white and tan KR but he had the tan deleted. Beautiful truck for sure.

Its going to be killer, once the turbo blows out all the squatch hair.

You and Sak getting pedicures while you are in town together?

dirk0

Reaction score
It used to be a white and tan KR but he had the tan deleted. Beautiful truck for sure.

Its going to be killer, once the turbo blows out all the squatch hair.

You and Sak getting pedicures while you are in town together?

The new turbo will make up for the 2.5tons of bumpers on the truck.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Just curious... Why is there this new thing of going to a small single over the factory turbo? On the 6.4 the rage was twins, (or triples... ) due to the instant power, and low down torque. Why now the rage for a single?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Just curious... Why is there this new thing of going to a small single over the factory turbo? On the 6.4 the rage was twins, (or triples... ) due to the instant power, and low down torque. Why now the rage for a single?

keeping the torque OUT of the motor!! making it a bit lazier will keep the rods in there longer.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
keeping the torque OUT of the motor!! making it a bit lazier will keep the rods in there longer.

Right on. I have seen a few "window mods" on the 6.7s... So that was due to the low down torque then... ok. So a little bit of lag is thought to be good for this rig. hmmmmm. So this is going to be a high revving mo fo then... And what about the whole VGT / NON VGT thing?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Right on. I have seen a few "window mods" on the 6.7s... So that was due to the low down torque then... ok. So a little bit of lag is thought to be good for this rig. hmmmmm. So this is going to be a high revving mo fo then... And what about the whole VGT / NON VGT thing?

VGT is gonna make some low end torque, Clyinder pressure, yada yada yada. The trade off for spool up with a single is gonna be a little reliability (hopefully lol)

6.7 reminds me of the 7.3 in many ways.

Last edited:

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
VGT is gonna make some low end torque, Clyinder pressure, yada yada yada. The trade off for spool up with a single is gonna be a little reliability (hopefully lol)

6.7 reminds me of the 7.3 in many ways.

gotcha.... So we went forwards, and backwards at the same time... unless we improve upon the 6.7's bottom end (read:spend a chit ton of money) ....

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
gotcha.... So we went forwards, and backwards at the same time... unless we improve upon the 6.7's bottom end (read:spend a chit ton of money) ....

Lol in a way. For years nobody made big power for long on stock 7.3 rods until Swamps came along and started changing tuning from the ground up. Took a lot of time and money in r&d but they got it. I imagine the 6.7 will follow suite to an extent.

Latest posts

Members online