6.7 Build (TXGLASSMAN)....

JMart

Reaction score
Well, Randall just left my place and I got the full low down on the build. :evil

This is going to be interesting to say the least and I'm a bit jealous!! After discussing timelines, we *MIGHT* have my truck ready first for the "drag and brag" or whatever the f it's called. Both of us are waiting on parts\tear down. If we make it, we make it. Regardless, the truck we are after will be called out to meet us at North Star or Kennedale.

I suggest this thread stay open for $hits and giggles and once the build starts, have an official thread with only updates\pics\whatnot related to the build. I will also start a "Project Dinosaur" or "Project Pointless" thread to keep my build separate. TXFatman.... err TXGlassman will be over here and JMart has offered to help as well. So there will be plenty of pics of the Texas build's that just kicked off. And hopefully some video of the 6.7 vs. 7.3 once both trucks are finished.

I got the camera, just say when.

dirk0

Reaction score
I got the camera, just say when.

Randall's parts are 2-3 weeks out. I just shipped out 1 set of injectors, next set will ship out Monday. My compressor outlet elbow, cac tubes, and y-pipe ship out Monday as well. Parts from Summit and Jegs will be here next week, but some of the nitrous parts are back ordered. I'm calling Hellmann tomorrow for some parts and a few vendors on here for other parts.

This whole BS project is pushing back my GT500 purchase. Parts are adding up fast. Maybe THAT is why I disappeared... :fustrate:

BlueOx

Reaction score
Well, Randall just left my place and I got the full low down on the build. :evil

This is going to be interesting to say the least and I'm a bit jealous!! After discussing timelines, we *MIGHT* have my truck ready first for the "drag and brag" or whatever the f it's called. Both of us are waiting on parts\tear down. If we make it, we make it. Regardless, the truck we are after will be called out to meet us at North Star or Kennedale.

I suggest this thread stay open for $hits and giggles and once the build starts, have an official thread with only updates\pics\whatnot related to the build. I will also start a "Project Dinosaur" or "Project Pointless" thread to keep my build separate. TXFatman.... err TXGlassman will be over here and JMart has offered to help as well. So there will be plenty of pics of the Texas build's that just kicked off. And hopefully some video of the 6.7 vs. 7.3 once both trucks are finished.

This is gonna be good!!! Can't wait for the pics and vids to follow!

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Randall's parts are 2-3 weeks out. I just shipped out 1 set of injectors, next set will ship out Monday. My compressor outlet elbow, cac tubes, and y-pipe ship out Monday as well. Parts from Summit and Jegs will be here next week, but some of the nitrous parts are back ordered. I'm calling Hellmann tomorrow for some parts and a few vendors on here for other parts.

This whole BS project is pushing back my GT500 purchase. Parts are adding up fast. Maybe THAT is why I disappeared... :fustrate:

do NOT let this dodge turd deter a gt500 purchase. i want a 2014 ... 670 horse ...:drool:

dirk0

Reaction score
do NOT let this dodge turd deter a gt500 purchase. i want a 2014 ... 670 horse ...:drool:

A really good friend of mine has a RS3 and is about to bump the power to 700+. So now I've picked out a Grabber Blue\White GT500 with the track prep\race prep and other goodies.

$65k

Jen isn't happy about it. I don't care. She's had the BMW and now the Volvo. I'm just trying to get enough cash to put down so my payments are under $450.

$450 for something that stays in the garage 98% of the time.....

dirk0

Reaction score
I think a no limit intake kit needs to head this way and be the finishing touch on this

Speaking of which, I need to find someone with a GoPro camera or something. I'm pretty sure my aFe is trying to turn inside out..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
good luck on the build... sounds like it will be a fun ride..

whats the hp limit on a stock transmission on one of these?

live life full throttle

Mpoage

Reaction score
I think you need to talk Matt@gearhead into working some of his magic on it after you get it put together.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I wouldnt worry about the trans for quite a while yet

Cant wait to see tighty whitey running well. When you coming up this way?

dirk0

Reaction score
You could take the hood off for a couple of runs LOL

No thanks. The cowl hood I'm running is about 15-20lbs heavier than stock. I've had to remove\install it a few times by myself and it wasn't the happiest of times.

Rowdy

Reaction score
63/68 turbo

Rods and bottom end are staying stock. All tho ill be ordering some RCD rods to have handy incase they are needed

You mean when you get that express oil and coolant flush from the side of the block?! That would be my luck! :doh: I know of 3 or 4 6.7's being built can't wait to see how they turn out!

Latest posts

Members online