6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If you guys enjoy the fender exhaust you're going to really enjoy the old-skool hood stack the truck is getting.( The fender exhaust was my idea and was temporary) I really appreciate people posting my Facebook pictures on this website. If you would like to post something you're more than welcome to post my old set up that one of your fine sponsors made for me, or will that get deleted? Perks of sponsoring on this form I'm assuming. I make the decisions on that vehicle.

This is from your homie

Dzchey21 said:
sootboy said:
I just got back on speaking terms with Amy and Dan.

I am totally sitting sidelines on this.
Matt is an awesome customer for our shop to have.
I don't think posting pics of the pipes is a good idea.
You saw what the pics of our first kit after 30000 miles looked liked.
Expect more of the same.
Anything after it has been installed and soot blown all over it oil leaking etc is going to look horrible.
The guys here will over react.
SPE is a vendor and you guys need to protect them.

Matt does not understand how the forum works in this regard. Maybe you could pm him and coach him.

If you look on .org at our confederate diesel header thread I was very very careful not to step on SPE's toes.

Maybe you could point the heard there where SPE is not a vendor.
You have my word I will take good care of the situation.
I can take a pretty good bashing and not loose my cool.

Anyway what ever you think is best.
I hope it is noticable that CFD is making a valid attempt to be sociable and obey the rules, with the hopes of one day sponsoring here.

Thanks,
Justin
So are you saying they don't look good?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
sootboy said:
Correct.

I am putting this in your confidence.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
They tried to talk me into a fender stack when we discusses a twin option... I was like naw
"Fu*****k that" then they said "hood stack"

How about a different shop. Hahaha

Thats from the lack of fabrication skills and lazyness

There are plenty of trucks running a hood stack, and thats fine, i see fit on full race trucks ect but on a street truck, get the *** out of town with that crap.

I know from experience the downpipe is one of the hardest things to get done on a compound set up, its a tight fit that was never meant to have something hot running next to components, but if a shlub like me can do it a "shop" should have no issues with making it work.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
If you guys enjoy the fender exhaust you're going to really enjoy the old-skool hood stack the truck is getting.( The fender exhaust was my idea and was temporary) I really appreciate people posting my Facebook pictures on this website. If you would like to post something you're more than welcome to post my old set up that one of your fine sponsors made for me, or will that get deleted? Perks of sponsoring on this form I'm assuming. I make the decisions on that vehicle.

I really hope Randy won't sell you one... considering you can't even get the name of his company right.... It would be a disgrace to see a QUALITY product like that on a truck that had even been in CFD's shop.

/endrant

eharris

Reaction score
Have seen the word spread around Facebook all day today by big diesel pages and companies. Thank goodness the word is getting out to save others.

GO BIG OR GO HOME

Reaction score
Lol who made the fail page on Facebook? So hard not to piss myself right now lol

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

What is this that you speak of?

And I have to say that despite it taking me the entire afternoon to read this thread and all the links I am glad I took the time to do it. After I finished I had to just take a moment to keep my self from just screaming WTF at the top of my lungs. I wish Dan and Ray the best of luck on their new builds with quality technicians doing the job right

sent while doing burnouts somewhere in the country

Dan

Reaction score
Ok so I am being lets say, pushed, prodded or whatever to have my engine torn down and "inspected" and I mean I am somewhat open to the idea,but there's also a very stubborn side that's "eff it, it has carillo rods, it'll last for a few months."

I haven't decided what I'm up to yet

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Ok so I am being lets say, pushed, prodded or whatever to have my engine torn down and "inspected" and I mean I am somewhat open to the idea,but there's also a very stubborn side that's "eff it, it has carillo rods, it'll last for a few months."

Hey can't hurt bud! If you decide to tear down, At least we all get to see more pics and extends the life of this thread just maybe a page or two more lol.
I'm upset that happened to you man, no one should have to deal with this by all means..

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score

I'd tear it down. Heck, I can tear down the top end of a motor and not screw anything up like they did, but I wouldn't dare venture into the internals. There's no telling what kind of hack job is down there... Or if it even has Carillo rods...

Spatel23

Reaction score
Dan- trust me, just have them take it all the way down and reassemble whilst making corrections along the way.
I have been in your shoes and have been down this road before. I cant convince you enough, have them take it down, check it over, fix what needs to be fixed, and put it back together. You WILL save money in the long run, that is the only holdup here isn't it?
You will be money ahead. Ive been there and done it. Few of the guys here will remember my story.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Dan- trust me, just have them take it all the way down and reassemble whilst making corrections along the way.
I have been in your shoes and have been down this road before. I cant convince you enough, have them take it down, check it over, fix what needs to be fixed, and put it back together. You WILL save money in the long run, that is the only holdup here isn't it?
You will be money ahead. Ive been there and done it. Few of the guys here will remember my story.

This would probably be the best, but something simple would have them to just drop the oil pan, it wouldn't take long at all that way you know whats in there for sure. But, having everything redone would still probably be best its hard telling what is messed up in there.

dieselflash

Reaction score
I'm totally satisfied with my new CFD product. I don't know what yalls problem is with them. You bunch of keyboard mechanics.

photo22_zpsfc363c6c.jpg

Mdub707

Reaction score
I think you deserve some cheering up. I'd probably be in prison if I went thru what they put you thru brother.

Seriously.

Dan, I like to think I'm a pretty relaxed guy (after owning a 6.0, you have to be or you'll die at an early age), but you're on a whole new level man. I can appreciate your positive attitude about everything.

I think I found a picture of you floating on the net...

dude-in-limo.jpg

Latest posts

Members online