6.7 GT4094 Powermax Turbo Install

NathannialD

Reaction score
my personal experience with them was very disappointing. very laggy for its comp size and power was not what i had expected plus high egts. (4088 and 4094 non vgt on my truck)

my precision 71 spools faster in compounds than either 40 series turbos did as singles fwiw...

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
my personal experience with them was very disappointing. very laggy for its comp size and power was not what i had expected plus high egts. (4088 and 4094 non vgt on my truck)

my precision 71 spools faster in compounds than either 40 series turbos did as singles fwiw...

Your not the first person I've heard say that either.

Were those the standard ball bearing or the gtx?

Reaction score

That's partially true with my experiences. The inducer size to power ratio is not as good even compared to a borg warner. But I have (at least on a 6.4) had the opportunity to drive max powers, borg compounds of various sizes and garret ball bearing compounds. I can say for sure the Garret's spool as good as any but not heads above. They do however carry boost at cruising that rivals the max powers even though the individual truck with Garret's has larger turbos. Power wise? Idk can't really compare setups without back to back dyno and turbo swaps which will never be feasible. They all have a place and have the "pay to play" written on the wall. I would expect the same if you swapped in precision's for these Garret's they would outperform. But it all has a price tag.

dseitler

Reaction score
Last Friday night on the way home from work I got on the truck as hard as I always do getting on the FL Turnpike and thru a P0088 code Fuel Rail Pressure to High. Truck went into Reduce Power and the MiniMax would not clear and got stuck saying establishing communication. Unplug and plug back in and cleared the code thru the Trans side if the MiniMax.
All that being said I had problems with it at the track on Saturday night 100 foot before going thru the 1/4 Trap several times. IDS would not pick it up so last tonight I decided to change out the Rail Pressure Sensor. That seems to be it. 81 miles round trip to work ran all 4 settings seems to have been a bad sensor. Just trying to help if you run into this same problem.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
When the Minimaxx throws codes that "oh sh1t" feeling instantly sets in. Glad you got it figured out so quick. I threw a couple codes related to the fuel system and my buddies already replaced the fuel rail pressure sensor also. Don't know if this is a common sensor to go out but I've seen it a couple times in some friends trucks with 50-60k miles.

When you throw 4 P codes at once and the truck sounds like a hammer on steel... then you should be worried. Ask me how I know haha

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Last Friday night on the way home from work I got on the truck as hard as I always do getting on the FL Turnpike and thru a P0088 code Fuel Rail Pressure to High. Truck went into Reduce Power and the MiniMax would not clear and got stuck saying establishing communication. Unplug and plug back in and cleared the code thru the Trans side if the MiniMax.
All that being said I had problems with it at the track on Saturday night 100 foot before going thru the 1/4 Trap several times. IDS would not pick it up so last tonight I decided to change out the Rail Pressure Sensor. That seems to be it. 81 miles round trip to work ran all 4 settings seems to have been a bad sensor. Just trying to help if you run into this same problem.

I got a rail pressure sensor code yesterday when I fired it up . i'll prolly change it just for safety.

JDub

Reaction score
These work great on the 6.4's and i'm pretty sure Mike @ no limit fab was running one of these or a s367 on there and liked it alot on his 6.7.

Should be a fun charger for ya :thumbsup:

Garrett ball bearing would be fun as hell also...
Mikes is a 64.5fmw/68/.91, and from what I understand flstout rips on the street. His drive pressure is a bit higher than preferred, which is why the 64.5/70 should offer best of both worlds. More power than a 63/68, quicker spool than a 66/73

dseitler

Reaction score
Back at it again. Installing MPD Manifolds and base plate with the HTT365FMW Turbo. Using the HTT Pedestal. Updated Kit Manifold are very nicely built and the welds and machining are perfect. Kit is nicely packaged and everything is marked clearly.IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/23/150b6c7edbbe8d5c16e7bb47174d5b09.jpg[/IMG]
cb2e8e5d1367352bb295bfa77065aa0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.