6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Dan

Reaction score
So, 4 weeks and counting until you have tracking # for the engine and trans? :lookaround: Should be good bro. I'm looking forward to you getting your stuff together, and melting tires :redspotdance: Do you have some update pics you can share? If you have the drivetrain in your hands in that time frame, you've definitely got my vote. Do you have a back up plan if the guaranteed shipment date comes and goes? Nobody likes a last minute rushed dpc strategy. The working on it until the night before plan is for the birds.

Yeah! I'm really excited! Tadd gave me an update this morning, pistons are being machined and block's going to be finished being filled this week! Crank has been machined for key way and can is going to be keyed! I haven't got any pictures but I have been watching their Facebook page for updates and what they are doing with kalebs engine is very fantastic! :) as far as a backup plan I don't see a need for one cause tadd assured me he is on track with everything and I am very confidant he's looking after me!

I'm very excited to see pictures of my engine! Elite seems to be very consistant with posting pictures on Facebook! And as soon as there are updates on there's ill definatly share them over here on this thread!

Im just going to come out and say it, I know there has been lots of talk about time line, but tadd knows my expectations and we are all on the same page!

All I know is that tadd knows his stuff and is for sure going the extra mile!! I'm just so excited that he's working with us on this build! (Custom auto and myself)

Lysons

Reaction score
Yes acutally! Hahaha TODAY is a big day for this guy!!
I received an email stating my truck is in the top 10 for the diesel power challenge!

ITS GO TIME!! And I'm excited!!

Dutton has the type 54 frozenboost cooler mounted in place and the gtx 55 mounted all decently! Starting to look good!!! We are waiting on a .85 housing that is being cut to fit the gtx 42 in there for better spooling! I'm SOO pumped you have no idea! It all seems to be coming together even with the truck still half appart! Injectors, modified pumps everything at custom auto ready to go

We are over halfway on the promised date for the elite engine as well so I'm super pumped to get that engine in just 4 short weeks!! It's going to come fast!! My agreement was half down and 8 weeks from the time of down deposit (nov8) till engine would be shipped, and at week 4 I squared up completely for my engine so that funds wouldn't be an issue at all!! and I I'm counting on the folks over at elite to make this all work here, as timeline just became way important! Ahhaha I'm really looking forward to that engine beginning of the new year! :)

I'm just so excited!! Grinning ear to ear over here on this -29C evening!

I'm going to be visiting my girlfriend this weekend and will swing by custom auto to say hi to those folks! I'm excited to take a break from work and get out of this town for a week!

You will get my vote for sure!
You're representing the oil province!

And since no one has really done anything like this yet, do you guys (Dan and Elite) have any idea what kind of power this beast will be making?

Dan

Reaction score
It's like -35 up here who needs coolant? Hahahaha

But seriously, yeah it's getting filled to stiffen up the block a bit, lots of unnecessary passages!

Dan

Reaction score
I think the exhaust looks awesome. I definitely enjoy seeing new creative spins on builds. Congrats on the email! Wish you guys the best of luck on the build, and in the competition!

Hahah thanks! It's one of a kind that's for sure! Except those guys at custom auto have a few trucks kicking around like that! Hahaha
And that's for the support! I have to get throught the whole voting process but I'm confidant if I'm elected the truck will preform!

Dan.....You will get my vote IF I can find out how to vote. I am not very good with these PC things. Where do I need to go to vote??

This thing should be a beast!! Only thing that scares me will the Big turbos light right if they have it in Denver? Or do you plane to use a boat load of N.O.S to get them lit???
Are you going to have a divert-er valve on any of the stages to help them light sooner??

Hey thanks! The voting happens febuary 18 or something I was told and you have to get a copy of diesel power and there's a form in there that you fill out rip out and mail in! I little bit of a pain I know but totally worth it! Hahah

As far as the big turbos, I'm not too worried about that, tadds getting me all setup with a high stall converter, a .85 hp turbine housing for the 42 as well as better flow through the head will be more than enough to light them up! Tuning is also a huge thing! Tadd has offered to tune it right there in Denver which sounds like a good move! :)

I know we aren't aloud to swear on here but there was a certain cummins with a big set of turbos that has no issues and I don't anticipate having as big of a problem as one might think we me have!

Randy_270

Reaction score
Hahah thanks! It's one of a kind that's for sure! Except those guys at custom auto have a few trucks kicking around like that! Hahaha
And that's for the support! I have to get throught the whole voting process but I'm confidant if I'm elected the truck will preform!

Hey thanks! The voting happens febuary 18 or something I was told and you have to get a copy of diesel power and there's a form in there that you fill out rip out and mail in! I little bit of a pain I know but totally worth it! Hahah

As far as the big turbos, I'm not too worried about that, tadds getting me all setup with a high stall converter, a .85 hp turbine housing for the 42 as well as better flow through the head will be more than enough to light them up! Tuning is also a huge thing! Tadd has offered to tune it right there in Denver which sounds like a good move! :)

I know we aren't aloud to swear on here but there was a certain cummins with a big set of turbos that has no issues and I don't anticipate having as big of a problem as one might think we me have!

You have my vote as well :rockon:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score

Thanks Dan. Well looks like I will have to find a magazine then. I have not seen them around here but they might be.

Yes having it tuned in Denver would be a BIG plus. I hope you can hit your goal of 1000+ on fuel. If you do that and can keep it all together you would stand a very good chance of winning.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Looks like you're build is making good progress. Be cool to see if she puts a Clevland down on the dyno.

WoodBoy

Reaction score

Attachments

• lifeclockmain.jpg
    lifeclockmain.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 177

Dan

Reaction score
You guys and your elite clock! Hahahaha

So just a quick little update! I stopped by custom auto on Friday and hung out for a few hours! Took off my mirrors to get painted and some small stuff like that! We are waiting for a .85 housing to stuff the 42 into and a certain 55 hasn't shown up yet! Something I didn't anticipate is when we pulled the trans out to send to elite the engine is rotating on the motor mounts and it's hard for dutton to do all his plumbing without a definitive placement of the engine! And with the tight clearances we have with piping it would be awkward to have the twins all piped in and the engine to sit different causing clearance issues when the trans is in!

This being said, James contacted tadd about time frame on the trans and it was expected to be done at the same time as the engine.. But tadd is being a sweetheart and going to pump out the trans ASAP and ship to custom auto and was very straight forward that in doing so the engine might take a week longer than expected which is totally acceptable! I can't thank the man enough for working with is on this build! I'm excited to be running his products in my truck!!!

Another side note, when tadd and I first started talking about an engine for my truck, we discussed all the items that kaleb has going into his build, as well as I was picking his brain about porting the heads. He let me know that he would be doing some flow testing and would get back to me! Last week he shot some impressive statistics my way and I was very impressed with the cfm that a simple port job would flow! If I'm not mistaken it was a 20% increase over stock and we know that the 6.7 heads flow awfully well! He let me know that if I added that to my build at that point it wouldn't affect my due date, so of course with the possibility of being in the dpc I couldn't say no! :) ok I'm blabbing but I'm just really excited about this whole project!!!

Ok and ANOTHER thing, tadd briefly ran by me that he could get my truck on some rollers in Denver and do some tuning for me! I know Bentley with H&S was really accommodating about getting my truck on his rollers in Salt Lake City but I am thinking That would be an excellent way to dial in my setup for the altitude in Denver especially since I'm running a fairly large turbo setup! In my opinion this would give me quite the advantage to be dialed in for the altitude long before the compitition! Plus I heard there's some wicked snow around Denver area! Hahaha make a week of riding out of it? check!

Anyways I thought I'd share some of what's happening here and big thanks to tadd and all the guys at elite for taking care of me the way you guys are! It's awesome!

JMart

Reaction score
Sounds like it is coming together. I am happy for you! Hope you make it into DPC, I want to see that monster compete.

Dan

Reaction score
Looks sweet! Let me know when or if you come down here, we will go ride! :D

Yeah man! Thanks for those lights! They turned out perfect, it'll be cool to see what they look like with the grill painted all nice instead of rattle canned! Haha

And as soon as it's done, I'll be headed your way!

jdgleason

Reaction score
Yeah man! Thanks for those lights! They turned out perfect, it'll be cool to see what they look like with the grill painted all nice instead of rattle canned! Haha

And as soon as it's done, I'll be headed your way!

Sure thing man! Glad you're happy with them!

Awesome, let me know and I'll clear a spot in my schedule.

Latest posts