6.7L Carnage - Testing the limits

Snake

Reaction score
Have to admit, I'm impressed things held together. I'll be more impressed if the wick stays turned up like that and they daily drive it for a few months. Pushing a 8-9000 lb truck around every day is where the real test is.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if the trans is fine, they just had to please a angry mob who wanted carnage, and they are all just scratching their heads wondering how to break it..

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

broncof250444

Reaction score
From where CFD, SPE? I want the H&S setup and their custom tuning. I already have the mini max just need to get the unlock code for the MCC tuning.

So Rowdy when are we going to install it.... Maybe we will do area at the same time........ Oh crap my parking lot at the shop is going to look real nasty if we have another one of those nights and Clint's one wheel fire! Haha

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
From where CFD, SPE? I want the H&S setup and their custom tuning. I already have the mini max just need to get the unlock code for the MCC tuning.

industrial injection has there kit running today also.

basically though a single turbo is a single turbo.
confederate diesel, h&s and industrial are all running 63mm turbo's right now so they are all the same
I think h &s is going bigger though for next test, and cfd has a bigger option as well for 800 rwhp.

spe is doing twins and they have bad luck with bottom ends

01PSD

Reaction score
SPE is not doing twins...... at least that doesn't seem to be their focus at the moment. They're doing a 66mm single and a 71mm single. They're doing a twin setup on the DPC truck

WHY NOT

Reaction score
SPE has also said they are making a single drop in replacement and a larger single capable of higher HP.

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
SPE is not doing twins...... at least that doesn't seem to be their focus at the moment. They're doing a 66mm single and a 71mm single. They're doing a twin setup on the DPC truck

Than spe isn't using the new efr turbo's like the other 3 companies, efr comes in 63 or 68mm, doesn't mean they won't work just fine.

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Precisely. This stuff takes time and testing, which it doesn't seem like the CFD kit did..

CFD did no testing at all from what I heard. They had a customer call in and ask for a single kit for 6.7 and 2 weeks later they had a kit out.
In hindsight though it appears the other 2 kits in final testing ii and h&s are remarkably simalar in function and plumbing etc.

Actually they look kinda easy to make, so the diy stuff cfd sells may become popular as there welding is not show quality for sure

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yeah that definitely not the proper way to do it... totally bass ackwards on their part LOL

to Confederate Diesel's defense, it was just a fixed geometry turbo and plumbing job, whic hot on left cold on right chit runs downhill real simply. read a map and pick a charger.
If it was like a totally custom designed piston or cam I could see testing. But the working part the turbo has been tested and piping is piping.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
You have to do your research to make it right. H&S has done a ton of R&D on their 6.7, and SPE has been doing a lot of work on their black truck as well as customers. I'm excited to see where H&S takes this truck before it really hits a stopping point. And SPE's new build is going to be nasty IMO

01PSD

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if Matt's 6.7 (DPC) would be better off with a large single. Who knows though? These things are so damn new!

Latest posts

Members online