6.7L Carnage - Testing the limits

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
fyi those injectors in the h and s truck are not stock h&s is full of it
the stock tune is 1500 us pulse.
I bet they were 75% honed out or better

Injectors have never been out of the truck. This is one of my daily drivers, I would know.

Stock truck does not run 1500us.

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
fyi the stock us is posted on the h&s forum because you guys have the tables downloadable under the mcc section.
and on the big tune the us is all the same and you guys are using all torque based fuel to change fuel rate

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
how many mm3 of fuel do the injectors deliver at 1250 us 16000 psi test spec?

What does that have to do with anything?

Let me state this again. The entire fuel injector is STOCK. Was I purposefully spraying way late past TDC, yes. Do I know more HP could be had by increasing timing, yes.

Peak HP was achieved at around 2700 RPM. Pretty flat HP curve from 2500-3200. Not sure where you got 3700 from.

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything?

Let me state this again. The entire fuel injector is STOCK. Was I purposefully spraying way late past TDC, yes. Do I know more HP could be had by increasing timing, yes.

Peak HP was achieved at around 2700 RPM. Pretty flat HP curve from 2500-3200. Not sure where you got 3700 from.

look you guys did a great job, its just real hard to believe that stock injectors can make that power and all that smoke

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
they are 1500 on the hot setting at 140 fuel rate and 29k

Yes sir, sure is. But who says you are commanding 140mm^3? Keep in mind just because the table peak value is 1500, does NOT mean you are reading there. I would have to check tomorrow, but if I remember correctly I am commanding about 115mm^3 on my 11-12 Powerstroke tuning.

Nay-say all you want. Truck made the power it did, on exactly the parts we stated, and on a very reputable dyno. We will never convince everyone, but those who know H&S and what we stand for will know the truth.

Thanks again for all the support from those who posted it. It means a lot to us. We spend a ton of time, money, and heart on these projects. :ford:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
they are 1500 on the hot setting at 140 fuel rate and 29k

you realize the hot setting isnt stock right?

AND just because the table says a certain pw doesn't actually mean that the truck will EVER hit that, there are many areas on the tables that the truck never hits....

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Bently... NICE JOB BROTHER!!!

awesome work, sounds like you guys actually put some thought into how you were going to make this number work at the best chance it wouldnt blow up.

I really doubt the rods would handle this power fuel only

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yes sir, sure is. But who says you are commanding 140mm^3? Keep in mind just because the table peak value is 1500, does NOT mean you are reading there. I would have to check tomorrow, but if I remember correctly I am commanding about 115mm^3 on my 11-12 Powerstroke tuning.

Nay-say all you want. Truck made the power it did, on exactly the parts we stated, and on a very reputable dyno. We will never convince everyone, but those who know H&S and what we stand for will know the truth.

Thanks again for all the support from those who posted it. It means a lot to us. We spend a ton of time, money, and heart on these projects. :ford:

110 mm3 is the max you guys ask for on hot

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
look you guys did a great job, its just real hard to believe that stock injectors can make that power and all that smoke

Pretty amazing what 30,000 psi and a very advanced injector will do for fuel delivery. I dare say I could leave injectors stock and feel good about running 800HP (fuel only) around every day. Lots of other parts would need to be modified to maintain this HP level, but honestly I think the injectors are still within their limits.

01PSD

Reaction score
Pretty amazing what 30,000 psi and a very advanced injector will do for fuel delivery. I dare say I could leave injectors stock and feel good about running 800HP (fuel only) around every day. Lots of other parts would need to be modified to maintain this HP level, but honestly I think the injectors are still within their limits.

That's amazing. No doubt about it... new $hit is getting real! :rockon:

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well I believe you guys at h&s are good guys and it does seem like in the tables there is alot of us left.
If thats the case bigger nozzles are a total waste of money on these.
which makes the list of upgrades very limited to have a 750 rwhp stock truck!!

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
Bently... NICE JOB BROTHER!!!

awesome work, sounds like you guys actually put some thought into how you were going to make this number work at the best chance it wouldnt blow up.

I really doubt the rods would handle this power fuel only

Thanks man! I agree, I think HP levels like we achieved today are NOT to be daily driven or even trusted. Perhaps with time we can start trusting this 6.7L bottom end a little more. We need more trucks running 600+ HP and giving feedback on the results. In time we will know the realistic limits.

zippyrat

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

It is amazing I know the piezeo's open real quick so the amount of us used to open and close is allot smaller than the old style common rails.

So upgrade to 2 pumps and a single turbo and bam 750 rwhp.
6.7 will be the hot truck for sure

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
Well I believe you guys at h&s are good guys and it does seem like in the tables there is alot of us left.
If thats the case bigger nozzles are a total waste of money on these.
which makes the list of upgrades very limited to have a 750 rwhp stock truck!!

Thank you, I totally agree. The fuel control is easily there with a twin pump system. Now we just need to figure out the best turbo/trans/rotating assembly modifications to reliably live at 750HP. I am excited for what the future holds.

Latest posts

Members online