6-speed tuned trucks Cruise control

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
Anybody else having issues with tuned trucks and cruise control. I took my first long trip after the rebuild on the top end and am having some issues. I have tried KEM 345 tune and it works for a while but if I hit the brakes a couple times or get on it to pass someone it will disable the cruise control. I also tried gearhead and Innovative tuning, for some reason innovative tuning throws a 488 code which I think is for the egr being off the truck. Any suggestions or help appreciated. Thanks Rodney

WoodBoy

Reaction score
For the innovative, I know you cant just select "Yes, I have the egr disabled". You have to contact Eric and get full egr delete tunes. As for the cruise, it should disable as soon as you hit the brakes. Did you word it right or do you mean you have to hit the brakes a couple times for it to turn off until you hit resume

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
I know how the cruise control is suppposed to work. I selected that I have the egr disabled and when I sent my livewire in to eric he was aware that I needed the egr delete tunes. what I'm saying is it will work once and after I cancell it with the brakes or juice it to get around someone it will not work at all unless I key off. Even that doesn't work every time. I key dropped it a couple times while going down a long hill in WV and got it back once. No codes become active on the kem tunes when the cruise drops out, but maybe it just doesn't throw a cel and there is a code. I'll check with the livewire instead of the edge

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
I don't know about the kem tunes but my h&s has issues with the cruise, you have to float gears from 5th to 6th in order for it to work at all.... Then if you lay into it hard passing someone you have to turn the key off and restart.... H&S told me it has to do with the torque management system on these trucks, but it sure is a pain in the a$$!

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
I will be calling both Innovative and Mike tomorrow. Its the holiday weekend, hoping everyone is enjoying it and I don't want to bother them. I am back from WV and the race, so now the truck will most likely sit more than drive til the next race. Thanks

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Im having the same issues with mine. My cruise worked when i first got my truck done and now it doesnt work in any tune. KEM and Erics tunes did the same exact thing. It sucks not having cruise on long drives. I guess its another issue for us 6 speed guys :fustrate:

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Im not to worried right not. I dont even have my trick right now. But when i get it back i will give ya a call.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back, anybody have any answers yet as to what the trick is to get cruise control to work consistantly? I just made a 4 hour each way trip to the beach this week and am getting tired of key dropping my truck to restart the pcm and get cruise to work. With Innovative and KEM tunes I get a p1000 code, with Gearhead I get a p0000 code. Both of witch don't make much sense to me. I talked to mike and he didn't really have any answers for me, and innovative said they were having problems in Extreme street, so I tried their street tune and have the same problem.

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
Thats what I thought, I uaually had that code stored in the truck, but I was stating that it was active at time of truck pissing me off

CAT35niner

Reaction score
No help i guess for us 6spd guys. I still dont have cruise. But im workin on something. Ill let u guys no if i get it to work.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.