6-speed tuned trucks Cruise control

tensixniner

Reaction score
I find my mileage is better the more I use cruise.
Boost drops one or two psi and fuel pw is also slightly less using cruise instead of my foot.

87jumpy

Reaction score
Always lol. I never go below half. Gets to much bellow that. With the drive out to PA and back i averaged 19.1mpg hand calculated. Pretty good for a 800hp truck. Im definitely lovin cruise with this setup.

That's pretty damn good. I averaged 17.6 on a recent 200 mile trip. Mixed city/interstate 75-80mph. I was impressed. I'm really impressed with my RCD parts.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I noticed something that might help. Even with the RCD tune I have, I loose cruise but only if the brake switch circuit throws a code. I cleared it while I was driving and I had cruise again. Its very strange cause it only throws a code every so often.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I changed the tire size on my H&S to 33.5 (I am still running a 35.5" tire) and the cruise worked. I know at 35.25" my cruise doesnt work. Does anybody know how big you can go on the tire size before you lose cruise?

thebigreddog

Reaction score
I believe that it will depend on what factory tire size is currently set in the VIN block of the ECM.
Have you loaded TV 6.4.42 yet? It includes the changes from H&S to resolve the loss of cruise in OD issue due to tire size setting. I tested the fix up to the 60" tire setting, and it worked for my truck every time. I've loaded the official release of 6.4.42 now as well, and it continues to remove the issue on my truck.

I changed the tire size on my H&S to 33.5 (I am still running a 35.5" tire) and the cruise worked. I know at 35.25" my cruise doesnt work. Does anybody know how big you can go on the tire size before you lose cruise?

B585Ford

Reaction score
I believe that it will depend on what factory tire size is currently set in the VIN block of the ECM.
Have you loaded TV 6.4.42 yet? It includes the changes from H&S to resolve the loss of cruise in OD issue due to tire size setting. I tested the fix up to the 60" tire setting, and it worked for my truck every time. I've loaded the official release of 6.4.42 now as well, and it continues to remove the issue on my truck.

Thanks for the update. No, I hadn't installed .42 yet. I am really looking forward to having cruise all the time. Thanks.

thebigreddog

Reaction score
I've been running the fix for about a week now, and it is working flawlessly for me. Having cruise back in OD without shortshifting makes me happy. :D

BFT

Reaction score
I've head cruise ever since I tuned my rig. I only use cruise when in final gear on the highway, but I did apply the clutch to see if it disengaged the CC. it came back on, which isn't an issue since I only use it on the highway.

Derail- who has good tunes for the higher HP tunes with no touchy throttle?

jdgleason

Reaction score
I've head cruise ever since I tuned my rig. I only use cruise when in final gear on the highway, but I did apply the clutch to see if it disengaged the CC. it came back on, which isn't an issue since I only use it on the highway.

Derail- who has good tunes for the higher HP tunes with no touchy throttle?

Gearhead.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I had no issues with Erics tunes. But I lost cruise when I did the build. Gearhead still is trying to figure out the cruise control issue. The only guy that has my cruise working is Josh at RCD and no touchy pedal. But I liked Erics tunes before the build.

B585Ford

Reaction score
With H&S, my cruise now does work since they released their newest version (.42 and .43 on the MM) .

BogginF350

Reaction score
Matt is running a much different setup. No throttle blade, no vgt, do you even have a fuel cooler anymore? All I know is that it was a ton of stuff to change to keep the cruise working.

Latest posts

Members online