600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I will but I wanted something for tomorrow.

So far I haven't been able to get it hot enough for them to come on. That or they're working better than I could have ever expected. Lol! Yesterday when I was driving around it got up to a little below the middle of the gauge. It used to get up to the center or a hair over. Of course, the royal purple coolant additive may have had something to do with it too.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'd say a combination of the three. It warms up quick though. Its kinda funny. Failing alternator and I installed n2o, water meth, electric fans, entertainment/sound system, and a 10k watt inverter. Hmm. Maybe that's why it failed. LOL

Emailed Matt. He's gonna send me a chip with tunes hopefully tomorrow.

Last edited:

DocBar

Reaction score
I'd say a combination of the three. It warms up quick though. Its kinda funny. Failing alternator and I installed n2o, water meth, electric fans, entertainment/sound system, and a 10k watt inverter. Hmm. Maybe that's why it failed. LOL

Emailed Matt. He's gonna send me a chip with tunes hopefully tomorrow.
If you need help with that alternator, let me know. I have plenty of recent experience with replacing them. :doh:

Are you having Matt send you a chip as a stopgap til you can get him up to live tune it?

DocBar

Reaction score
I'm running Brian Jelich's tuning for now. Matt thus is why I was trying to get a hold of you the other day. I want you to come up and live tune it for me.

For now I'm just waste gating my GTX4294R and spraying the **** out of it. I'm going to run it in my white truck for a little while till the race truck is ready for it. It'll end up being a 4,500# 78 F-100. When I do that I'll be running a top secret Irate built turbo setup. That's all I'll say for now! :D
That thing oughta run like a bat outta hell in that light of a truck!!:demon:
I heard a rumor about a setup Irate was making. I wonder if it's the same one.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Now if only I could find a 275mm turbo. Its a joint effort between Pius and Briggs&Stratton to design and build the primary turbo.

LOL

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Stock bottom end, studs, springs, push rods, irate fuel system, irate mount and gtx4294, srp-1, 250/200's, Cale's tuning, and the other little stuff that goes with it.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Stock bottom end, studs, springs, push rods, irate fuel system, irate mount and gtx4294, srp-1, 250/200's, Cale's tuning, and the other little stuff that goes with it.

I'm wanting to hit the 600s but couldn't decide between 250/200 or 300/200 and a billet 71. Looks like the 250s and a good flowing turbo seem to be the good combo for 600ish. But like you've proven I'm afraid 600 will get boring in a couple of months like 500 did.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well I'll put it this way. The 250's may be a bit safer than 300's, but the 300's are more likely to let you hit your goal. 500 is a good number though. I promise 600 isn't that much better. If your truck is a toy and you don't mind tossing another engine in whenever it blows, then do what I did. But if you need your truck stay at 500. Its a good number and a lot safer than 600. Most people at that level worry so much about blowing up their truck that its not fun anymore. There are 3 things that I tell people and they never ever believe me until they do it and find out. 1- A BTS transmission will change your life or at least completely change your entire truck. 2- Except for a BTS, the SRP-1 will be your favorite mod of all. And 3- The perfect HP level for one of these trucks is 400-500hp. No smoke, smooth, plenty of power, and usually pretty reliable. Less than that is doggy. More than that is usually a pain in the ass. Not discouraging you. Just trying to make sure people who may be in that situation being inspired by this thread know the facts.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
It will be getting a bts, and headers here soon(package deal from a buddy). I'm glad you mentioned the srp, i hadnt figured out the hpop situation. And I have a dodge gasser to drive if i blow it up. Im ok whth blowing it up as long as it puts the hurt on a few dodges and sports cars before I have to pull it again. Also how much nitrous are you running? I am curious about nitrous but am afraid itll be the trucks demise haha.

Fat fingered from my phone.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I've heard that nitrous actually helps keep it together. Not sure how or why, but that's what I was told once. Take from that what you want. I'm running a 125 shot on a wot switch right now. Once I get all the bugs worked out I'll run a second bottle and solenoid on a programmable controller.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
You start small and work up to your desired HP or until the smoke starts to clear up. I know I have way more fuel than a 125 can clean up so I'm starting with it. Lol!

Latest posts

Members online