600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Pretty sure a headgasket blew on the passenger side. I was cruising around and decided to give it a bit of peddle. I got the boost up to between 35 and 40psi. Nothing extreme. I slowed down to come in my driveway and it idled slower and slow. I could push on the peddle and nothing happened. I didn't even get all the way around my driveway before it died. There was smoke/steam pouring out of the hood and when I looked I found the engine is covered in coolant on the passenger half of the engine. Apparently it spewed out. The degass bottle didn't spew though and it isn't empty either. I don't know. Gonna do some more looking. Pretty sure its a blown gasket though. I thought this damn thing was supposed to have fire rings!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
OK I kinda overreacted. I saw and felt a clear slimy liquid and just immediately thought coolant, blown headgasket. I just slammed the hood and came inside. After I calmed down I went back out and investigated more. I noticed the degas bottle was still full. I tried to start it and it wouldn't build oil pressure. It was oil. Not coolant. It was clear because its bran new Rotella T6 oil. Since its on the top of the engine and leaking out the valley, it has to be hpop related. Since it sprayed the whole engine it has to be one of the lines. I'll just figure out which one and toss another one on. I have a few extra sets. I just need to run to town first and buy more oil. :( I am a lot happier! :)

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Oh good, but not sure if this thing ever had the head studs retorqued since the rebuild. I would do that before you throw everything at it.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Bet you had a pretty decent spike in ICP when you let out after that run, usually finds the weak spot pretty quick. Luckely the oil didn't catch fire, that would have ruined your day.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
WOW!! talk about a pissed off individual!! i would proly have just set fire to it... glad its something simple like that... you running rotella just for break inn or is that what you run?

live life full throttle

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
2013-02-28_13-28-32_74.jpg

Latest posts

Members online