600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

Blowby

Reaction score
May be two 44's or a larger single WG. I guess you won't know until you get the project together and start tuning. When the fuel delivery starts bringing the BR to a level that the (pick a size) WG can't relieve, you choose to leave the power at that point, or increase the WG size. I guaranty your going to have to release a boat load of BR when you bring nitrous into the mix.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Hmm..... Could I just cut a hole where the uppies come together at the flange, and run a pipe down to the frame and mount my waste gates there? There's not enough room for a 60mm and for sure not enough for 2 44's. If I make a "remote" mount I could put in whatever I want. Is there a reason I shouldn't?

JDub

Reaction score
I ran dual gates with stock manifolds on my super duty. We set up an OBS with dual gates as well. It can be done

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
The best thing I did with my waste gate was ditch the regulator and get a boost controller. Took me a while to get it set how I wanted. The nice thing is you can run a really light wg spring and let the controller do all the work. That is if you run co2. Something to think about.

2012-11-24_15-28-34_116.jpg

Last edited:

Milford

Reaction score
Well dang, if I didnt have a wedding to go to id say lets meet up. I've seen the motor in person and man if I had the money I would have bought it! Thing looks sweet!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
How bout we meet at TS! I'll be there this year.

I don't know guys. I'll let ya know what I end up doing. I think I'll end up doing the dual wastegate. I'll cut a hole in each side and run a remote 35mm wastegate from each bank.

My nitrous showed up today! Woohoo!

Blowby

Reaction score
May be two 44's or a larger single WG. I guess you won't know until you get the project together and start tuning. When the fuel delivery starts bringing the BR to a level that the (pick a size) WG can't relieve, you choose to leave the power at that point, or increase the WG size. I guaranty your going to have to release a boat load of BR when you bring nitrous into the mix.

BP not BR...fgn spell crack! :doh:

Remote WG can work or run duals off the OEM manifolds. AMS1000 is a wonderful thang.

New_mount_NLR-2.jpg

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'll probably look into the ams1000 once I put the engine into the race truck. For now while its in my white truck I think I'll run a 44mm off the normal place up top, and 2 smaller 25's or 30's off each header or the bottom of the uppies.

Latest posts

Members online