600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

Blowby

Reaction score
60 could dump too much too soon. With the AMS1000 control you have the ability to make it work. With the cycling speed of the top gate pressure boost or BP be controlled at WOT. You just need to set it up reading the TP voltage and 6 levels of ramp, rate and pressure for the street. Make sure you set up the increase and reduce buttons, they are very helpful while tuning.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
I set mine up using the tps voltage to control what "gear" the boost controller is in. Then you set the ramp rates for each "gear". I also have a 2.5lb co2 bottle behind the back seat. So I only have a 10lbs spring in the gate. With co2 the controller does all the work. I also wasn't sure how long the co2 bottle would last me. It last a lot longer than you would think. I can also drive around just fine with the bottle off. It will make about 10psi of boost.

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Like I said, I'll probably run one on the race truck. For now I've already bought a wastegate kit from Jake. I'll just plumb it in normally for now.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Ya there not cheap. As far as I know me and blowby might be the only two running on a 7.3. Not something that is needed but once you get one you will never go back to a regulator.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'll get one. Hey I got a GTX when they first come out. I don't mind getting something like that. I just can't get EVERYTHING at once.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Red nitrous arming switches are the most awesome thing anybody has ever made! LOL I set out there in the truck for 10 minutes after I installed it just flipping it on and off! LOLLOL

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
OK. I'm going to remote mount 1 50mm wastegate which will be boost controlled. Tomorrow I should find out if I can get my turbo repaired. I should have everything I need by Monday to get the truck running except possibly the turbo. Once I get that I'll be good to go. I wish someone had a spare GTX I could borrow for a bit. LOL

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
My new fans.

2013-02-15_09-47-32_145.jpg

JDub

Reaction score
I had nothing but trouble with the electric fans I put on my 99 truck.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
If don't mind me asking how much are those fans? I might have to buy some and try them out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online