600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Post #44 on this thread has the information on how much the AFE flows compared the the Napa 6637..http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16561&page=4

no offence man but *** that afe.... the donaldson is still good enough to make more horsepower then most 7.3s can make on fuel alone.. and the filtration is second to none. vander, you can run what you want but no way in hell ill ever run a different filter on a 7.3 then a Donaldson. ive ran every kind of filter on my truck and all but the Donaldson dusted my intake.

live life full throttle

DocBar

Reaction score
I'm so jealous right now!!! You're gonna beat me to the HPgoal and I can't even get a call back from Pius. Been talking 8 months and no atmospheric turbo. sigh.....:pointlaugh:

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
no offence man but *** that afe.... the donaldson is still good enough to make more horsepower then most 7.3s can make on fuel alone.. and the filtration is second to none. vander, you can run what you want but no way in hell ill ever run a different filter on a 7.3 then a Donaldson. ive ran every kind of filter on my truck and all but the Donaldson dusted my intake.

live life full throttle

I will keep a watch on it.. I tend to think since it needs no oil to "catch" the dust it should be good... Thanks for the insight... Will keep a eye on it.

For the power part. Yes the 6637 can and does let the 7.3L make lots of Power..
BUT it does hinder the turbo. (and can really hinder a compound setup) Most guys that switched to the AFE noticed faster spool up cooler EGTs and somtimes more boost.. A Filter flowing ability does play a key part in the engines ability to make power..

for what its worth.... you decide LOL Even the cummins guys that say you cant beat the 6637 or its big Brother... Say the AFE performed better and let the turbo spool sooner and faster. with lower EGTs..

For me.. I am going to test to see What i think as soon as the engine is back in the pickup. back to back test.

Now back on track... Chris, Are you putting the 400/400 in with this engine??

As a side note: Poor Docbar.............. ;)

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I'm so jealous right now!!! You're gonna beat me to the HPgoal and I can't even get a call back from Pius. Been talking 8 months and no atmospheric turbo. sigh.....:pointlaugh:

You ain't the only one jealous! Im in love with this thing.. I'm gonna be wishing I already had a built engine like this soon as my nitrous kit will be here tomorrow so I will probably have rods hanging outta the side of my block in the near future lol

DocBar

Reaction score
I will keep a watch on it.. I tend to think since it needs no oil to "catch" the dust it should be good... Thanks for the insight... Will keep a eye on it.

For the power part. Yes the 6637 can and does let the 7.3L make lots of Power..
BUT it does hinder the turbo. (and can really hinder a compound setup) Most guys that switched to the AFE noticed faster spool up cooler EGTs and somtimes more boost.. A Filter flowing ability does play a key part in the engines ability to make power..

for what its worth.... you decide LOL Even the cummins guys that say you cant beat the 6637 or its big Brother... Say the AFE performed better and let the turbo spool sooner and faster. with lower EGTs..

For me.. I am going to test to see What i think as soon as the engine is back in the pickup. back to back test.

Now back on track... Chris, Are you putting the 400/400 in with this engine??

As a side note: Poor Docbar.............. ;)
What's the price of the faster spooling? The long run is what you have to consider with air filtration.
On a side note, KMA!!!! LOL I'm having diesel envy and you mock me!!!!

DocBar

Reaction score
You ain't the only one jealous! Im in love with this thing.. I'm gonna be wishing I already had a built engine like this soon as my nitrous kit will be here tomorrow so I will probably have rods hanging outta the side of my block in the near future lol
Well, maybe Bill will give you some help on the new build. Hell, he's probably made a small fortune off of your test bed. See if he'll go 50/50 with you on Swamps performance long block. That would be a sweet motor.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Well, maybe Bill will give you some help on the new build. Hell, he's probably made a small fortune off of your test bed. See if he'll go 50/50 with you on Swamps performance long block. That would be a sweet motor.

Haha I just have all my cash direct deposited into bills account lmao.... He is actually gonna build me a engine soon, can't let guys like you and chris have all the fun!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
What's the price of the faster spooling? The long run is what you have to consider with air filtration.
On a side note, KMA!!!! LOL I'm having diesel envy and you mock me!!!!

I agree!! The reason I would like to "test" the filter.. if i lets dust in.. Off it goes then on goes two 6637.. LOL

At least you are up and running!!! that counts you know!

DocBar

Reaction score
Haha I just have all my cash direct deposited into bills account lmao.... He is actually gonna build me a engine soon, can't let guys like you and chris have all the fun!
Man, I wish you could have all the fun I'm having w-a-i-t-i-n-g on a turbo. I can't describe the joy of getting Pius' voicemail or having his wife promise he'll call me back. She really is a very nice lady. He's a lucky man. And I'm still stuck with $3K+ of parts waiting on his effing turbo!!!!! :morons:

DocBar

Reaction score
I agree!! The reason I would like to "test" the filter.. if i lets dust in.. Off it goes then on goes two 6637.. LOL

Patience, Grasshopper. Eventually you'll listen to Joe and get a running truck!!! :ford:
With about a gazillion gauges to measure the pucker factor in all seats!!!!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

thats why i did 2 Donaldsons.. is it needed with a 38r and small injectors? no, but it made the egt's drop and spool ups faster... with absolutely no dusting what so ever.. i do have to add that i drive on a dirt road for about 4-5 miles one way just to get to the blacktop...

live life full throttle

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I hear you there. I have about 3.5 miles of gravel till the blacktop. And I drive dusty fields and the job sites are dusty.. Air helps a lot! Thanks for the heads up though!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
no prob. i just dont want anyone to end up with shinny/pitted comp wheels do to sand blasting... caught mine just in time cuz you can see it started to get a jagged edge.

sorry for the derail vander!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.