61 mm vs. 64 mm billet

maxxedout

Reaction score
Any company can (try to) "mod" them. Choose wisely, as I've seen people "test" turbos for a company and end up wasting a motor on their own dime.

I'm definitely not going for anything extreme... Just a moderate upgrade that's a little different than the other options out there. If the goal was to push anything to its limits, I'd let someone else do the testing.

I appreciate your concern though.

jcain

Reaction score
Good stuff. He was a pleasure to talk to and a breathe of fresh air with his thought process when we spoke some time back. I too believe you're in good and honest hands

Buck1

Reaction score
Got some different tunes for the Tow max, Wow! Totally different truck. Spool of stock turbo now as Morgan indicated, the lag is tune related. Made the traction control work on the 19.5s, been a while for that.

Last edited:

HPGod

Reaction score
Who did the tuning? What software. My tow max arrives next week. I'm currently running canned H&S tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck1

Reaction score
KEM on a Mini Max. Runs awesome! You will be happy. My thoughts and concerns of it being undersized are now gone.

HPGod

Reaction score
KEM on a Mini Max. Runs awesome! You will be happy. My thoughts and concerns of it being undersized are now gone.

Thanks. Are you running the larger 4" downpipe also? I didn't do the upgraded piping, but added the NO limit intake and larger DP.

Buck1

Reaction score
Not yet. Still waiting on mine. I have held off on intercooler piping as well. Though No limits Intercooler is showing some good gains so maybe when the weather warms up. You have pretty much the same setup as me. I did put a 15 pump on as well.

redwhitenblue

Reaction score
Glad to hear the lag is tune related. I wonder if the 64 and a soft tune is the ideal tow setup to keep it stock like installation and some cfm volume to manage EGTs? The stock 11-14 turbo really lights quicker than I need anyway.

So who's got the cleanest tune for this setup?

Reaction score
Pretty hard to beat KEM tunes. We have pre-loaded sct for 11-14 with 2015 turbos. So it really can be the ones stop setup if someone wanted to go that way. Think of a tow or StreetMax with 4" DP, SS piping, big intake, KEM tunes.... So much fun in one sentence...!

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Pretty hard to beat KEM tunes. We have pre-loaded sct for 11-14 with 2015 turbos. So it really can be the ones stop setup if someone wanted to go that way. Think of a tow or StreetMax with 4" DP, SS piping, big intake, KEM tunes.... So much fun in one sentence...!

Quit it! You're going to drive me to spend copious amounts of fun money! Does KEM come with multiple transmission files too or are they just an engine file?

Randy_270

Reaction score

Does KEM offer tuning for MCC with those options?

Quit it! You're going to drive me to spend copious amounts of fun money! Does KEM come with multiple transmission files too or are they just an engine file?

Do it! You know you want too:poke:

Reaction score

The sct has a Trans tune for every whine file. You cannot load them separately.

You just let me know when you have a little extra fun money you need to cash in!!

Does KEM offer tuning for MCC with those options?

Yes, we are working on some pre-built base files for mcc to make it even better. Will be able to set people up with those tuning options very soon.

maxxedout

Reaction score
Well, after A LOT of debating and questions, I bought a 64mm StreetMax last week. I installed it and a 2015 HPFP yesterday, and have put about 100 miles on the truck since then. The StreetMax does "feel" like a bigger charger, but it's definitely not bad at all, and the top-end performance is very impressive! The tuning may need a little "tweaking" to get it running exactly how I want, but I must say that I am VERY happy with the StreetMax. Hopefully, we'll get the tuning all dialed in soon, and I'll have more feedback to share with everyone.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Well, after A LOT of debating and questions, I bought a 64mm StreetMax last week. I installed it and a 2015 HPFP yesterday, and have put about 100 miles on the truck since then. The StreetMax does "feel" like a bigger charger, but it's definitely not bad at all, and the top-end performance is very impressive! The tuning may need a little "tweaking" to get it running exactly how I want, but I must say that I am VERY happy with the StreetMax. Hopefully, we'll get the tuning all dialed in soon, and I'll have more feedback to share with everyone.

Take a day to do it all yourself? HPFP and turbo.

maxxedout

Reaction score
Yeah, it took all day and a few hours of the night haha... My buddy and I knocked it out. I mean, it didn't have to take that long, but we weren't really hustling. For the most part, the install went pretty smoothly.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.