7.3 fuel system recommendations

lengelhardt

Reaction score
And the pumps
f8c8f0222931117240ba970136471101.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
Quite the price tag on it as well...

I bought mine from Irate but had to buy some extra stuff. As well as add some things I thought needed to be there. By the time I loomed and secured and added everything its a wash. Nothing is cheap on these. And really do you want to skimp on this portion?

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I bought mine from Irate but had to buy some extra stuff. As well as add some things I thought needed to be there. By the time I loomed and secured and added everything its a wash. Nothing is cheap on these. And really do you want to skimp on this portion?
You have $1700 in a fuel system?

psduser1

Reaction score
I've built several, and I know what they cost, at my price. E-fuel is a touch more, but even the sd setups aren't cheap. Then add labor to put them together, after the time spent ordering everything. I work with most of this stuff for a living, so my pricing is better than most, but even so, these vendors prices aren't far out of line, by any means.:thumbsup:

lengelhardt

Reaction score
I paid around $600 to build my dual superduty pump setup but I put a beans sump and aeromotive pressure regulator. But it still ending up costing me way more then I though it was when I penciled it all out but I didn't want to scotch either.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You have $1700 in a fuel system?

Mmmmmmm.....probably close, yea. I spent $100 at the parts store on loom, colored zip ties, clamps, terminals, and other stuff. Like I said brother, price isnt too bad. And I have a walbro single pump. So by the time I buy a fuelab pump or aeromotive pump, yea, I may have spent more. And I don't have a sump still.

Im not one bit regretful either of jakes kit. Im happy with what he sent me.

emev0l

Reaction score
Since options are being explored, don't forget we can handle the supply side as well:

Dual Stock Pumps (available with 5/8" pickup or sump):
https://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-3645-driven-diesel-race-fuel-supply-kit-dual-bosch.aspx

Fuelab Race Pump (available with 5/8" pickup or sump):
https://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-3644-driven-diesel-race-fuel-supply-kit-fuelab.aspx

Both kits built to tie into our bowl delete kit perfectly. Everything you need for the installation except tools and labor included.

I like the idea of dual stock pumps, if they fail you can get a replacement cheap and fast.

Can these handle any size injector?

If one fails can you drive on the other one as long as you keep your foot out of it?

Is there any reason why the single Fuelab pump would be better then the dual stock pumps?

lengelhardt

Reaction score
I bought both pumps I used at a junkyard for 35 bucks a piece and they're like 70 or 80 bucks new if I remember. I'm running 250/100 injectors with my system and only drop like 3 psi but if I regulated my air to my regulator I could make it hold or jump up higher as desired. Also yes these pumps have built in check valves so fuel only flows one way and you can also but in in your fuel lines if desired.

emev0l

Reaction score
I bought both pumps I used at a junkyard for 35 bucks a piece and they're like 70 or 80 bucks new if I remember. I'm running 250/100 injectors with my system and only drop like 3 psi but if I regulated my air to my regulator I could make it hold or jump up higher as desired. Also yes these pumps have built in check valves so fuel only flows one way and you can also but in in your fuel lines if desired.

I have 238/200's and should have 350/200's by the end of the month. I daily drive my truck and I don't want pressure drop or a reliability issue with my fuel system.

I currently run a Driven Diesel Pre-pump, Post-pump, and Regulated Return.

lengelhardt

Reaction score
I think you would be OK with duel pumps. I ran my injectors with stock fuel almost a year. What are you going to do with the 238/200's?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have 238/200's and should have 350/200's by the end of the month. I daily drive my truck and I don't want pressure drop or a reliability issue with my fuel system.

I currently run a Driven Diesel Pre-pump, Post-pump, and Regulated Return.
dont take the previous post to heart.. no way should dual oem bosch pumps drop pressure if they are running correctly and there are no other issues... should feed a large set of hybrids just fine.

live life full throttle

emev0l

Reaction score
dont take the previous post to heart.. no way should dual oem bosch pumps drop pressure if they are running correctly and there are no other issues... should feed a large set of hybrids just fine.

live life full throttle

Is there any advantage at all to go with a Fuelab or A1000 instead of the dual SD pumps?

Just don't wanna spend $1,200 and hear I should have went with one of the others.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Is there any advantage at all to go with a Fuelab or A1000 instead of the dual SD pumps?

Just don't wanna spend $1,200 and hear I should have went with one of the others.
id go A1000 if you do... bout the only thing is that the single pump will draw less juice then the 2 stockers...

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
Injectors that large in capacity id be doing some homework on how much fuel needs to be moving. I guess a gauge will tell but that seems borderline crazy to use dual stock for that.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
id go A1000 if you do... bout the only thing is that the single pump will draw less juice then the 2 stockers...

live life full throttle
although setup and wired correctly the fuellab that mr.Schroeder offers is fine...
Injectors that large in capacity id be doing some homework on how much fuel needs to be moving. I guess a gauge will tell but that seems borderline crazy to use dual stock for that.
dennis at strictly has said it before and lists it on his site that his dual stocker kit will supply the amount of fuel needed for whatever hp goal you have in mind...

live life full throttle

Arisley

Reaction score
Dual stockers feed my 250/200's just fine. And, I have run for a couple thousand miles with only one pump. One pump almost supplies my injectors, pressure drops to about 30 lbs. if I got on it hard. Normal driving, with normal acceleration, it would hold 60 lbs. just fine. My normal driving is leaving the light faster than everybody else.

superpsd

Reaction score
I am piecing my kit together currently. Twin SD pumps new, 2 filter bases, and Cat filters 10 micron water seperator and 2 micron post filter. About 250$ so far and I still need lines, fittings, and a regulator.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online