A little update on my truck...

B585Ford

Reaction score
My wife thought I was crazy and I only bought 3 mags.....In any case, another 3 votes for JD, Ryan, and Jarrod

jdgleason

Reaction score
Damn! Thank you guys! I really appreciate it! Ryan you've been on all 5 I've sent in so far as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Hell ya guys. Picked up another 9 randomly today. Expressway was closed on my way home from Detroit. Got off in the hood. CVS there. Figured Id give it a shot. 5 sitting right there. Hit quite a few up on my route back home. Between my family we got 22. LOL

jdgleason

Reaction score
Well I got my sway bars thrown on yesterday in about an hour and a half start to finish.

ajupubyq.jpg

Here is a good comparison of the rear Hellwig vs stock... Kinda crazy. The rear Hellwig bar is routed differently - it goes right above the axle and differential rather than behind and under the axle. Looking at it now, I really like that idea better.

9u8ebumu.jpg

The biggest pain of the
He entire process is getting the factory sway bar link unbolted from the drivers side as the nut is on the inside of the frame behind the fuel tank. You can get a gear wrench in there, just don't get much of a turn on it. The adjustment isn't bad on these, and the instructions are pretty straight forward too. I meant to take a whole lot more pictures than I did, but I'll get more this weekend.

As for first impressions; I'm super happy with them. I'm pretty convinced that with my OUO stuff, this is as close as a crew cab is going to get to handling like a car. Body roll from sharp turns is totally gone. Just swerving on the street, the truck doesn't hesitate or lean, just changes lanes. I also noticed that turning into a street with a dip, the dip feels much less violent, and the truck doesn't rock like it used to. I rolled into it pretty hard last night to put the truck sideways, and it used to lean and seem to unload the tires one way or another, and with the Hellwig sway bars, now it's just smooth and stable.

Diesel23

Reaction score
What a difference ,will diffenitly look into those ,trucks coming along , good luck man

powerstroked08

Reaction score
You know JD if we had a vidoe of you doing a doughnut before and after the swaybar change would be a good way for us guys to see how much less body roll there really is.:poke:

Emery19

Reaction score
Hey JD, whats the front suspension setup on your truck minus the ala's? your truck has the stance i'm going for on mine. factory rear block i take it? i was just planning on screwing with the front suspension. truck looks sick buddy, my ballot will be in the mail monday with your name on it.

jdgleason

Reaction score
What a difference ,will diffenitly look into those ,trucks coming along , good luck man

Thank you sir!

You know JD if we had a vidoe of you doing a doughnut before and after the swaybar change would be a good way for us guys to see how much less body roll there really is.:poke:

Hahahaha! That would have been a great idea lol too bad I don't plan ahead.

I know he's got the video. Let's see Em

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's exactly what he needs to do lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Sorry boys, no donut videos lol I've done 1 burnout with this truck and it took forever to clean, so I haven't done it since. Plus, tires are expensive lol.

Hey JD, whats the front suspension setup on your truck minus the ala's? your truck has the stance i'm going for on mine. factory rear block i take it? i was just planning on screwing with the front suspension. truck looks sick buddy, my ballot will be in the mail monday with your name on it.

I've got a 2.5" leveling kit, Icon smooth body 2.0 shocks and the sway bars. Factory rear block.

Thank you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.