Added ts 6 pos now cranks but wont start

Mike For Mayor

Reaction score
Ok so I followed the directions undid the power terms made sure the key was off ... pos2 is high idle so after I hooked the chip I set it to the high idle so I knew it worked.. and it did with no problem .. I then turned off the truck and reinstalled the e brake then started up the truck only this time the truck wouldn't start it just cranked and ut wasn't a regular crank but like the battery was dead eventually I hooked up a battery charger and it's not doing anything so I broke out the code reader and this is what I have...
p0562
p0605
P0708
P1706
P0783
P0781
P1729
P0603

What is going on? ???
the wait to start light comes on

Also I left my battery charger on overnight and it acts like it didn't even charge it

4cstr

Reaction score
First thing would be to remove the chip and see what happens. If the truck starts...then you know that the problem resides with the chip (either got bumped off the contacts when putting the brake back on).

Mike For Mayor

Reaction score
Took the chip off and it still does the same thing.. cranks but cranks like the batteries are dead

4cstr

Reaction score
Is the harness to the PCM tight and making good contact. Something had to happen between the time you first installed it, and buttoned it up. Give a glance to the fuse panel and make sure none of the fuses are blown. Perhaps putting the e-brake back on something grounded out that shouldn't have.

Mike For Mayor

Reaction score
I never touched the harness just removed the e brake and slid the chip in.. I have checked every fuse they are all good and I have checked the battery terms several times and cleaned them

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
It sounds like it's just a battery issue of some sort. How old are the batteries? If you are getting the wait to start light, the chip and the PCM are making good connections.

Mike For Mayor

Reaction score
Just checked both batteries are at 12.+ volts I just noticed this.. when I first trunk the key to the on pos and the abs light is on my dummy battery gauge needle is on the n in normal but when the light goes out it drops down

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
http://www.guzzle7pt3.com/dtc.php

There is a list of what the trouble codes mean.
Looks like a lot of Transmission stuff and some low voltage stuff, along with some normal ones you get when you put a chip in.

The drop you see in the gauge could be the glow plugs kicking on, might have something with the relay being bad and putting a weird draw on the system?

Mike For Mayor

Reaction score
mike-for-mayor

Mike For Mayor

Reaction score
Im completely lost on this one.. the batteries ate fine I just hooked them up in different vehicles and they fired right up.. then I put them back in the truck and they act like they ate dead. . The connection is good I have cleaned the hell out of the terms and its still acting like this. Some of the codes say pcm failure

Mike For Mayor

Reaction score
Oh and btw thanks everyone for your input I have posted my problem on PSN and have not received near as much help as here thank you all very much

shorty2tall

Reaction score
Did u have the battery disconnected when u put the chip on?
If u did then u may have fried the PCM.
When u cleaned the contacts on the PCM could u have pushed to hard and cracked or broke it?

bad12jr

Reaction score
Did you clean the sealer of the terminal contact the chip slides on?

Mike For Mayor

Reaction score
I used the supplied sand paper like material to remove the film off both sides and I disconnected the + on both batteries when I installed the chip

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.