Added ts 6 pos now cranks but wont start

bad12jr

Reaction score
Do you know anyone with an obs you can borrow there pcm. I'm guessing it had a poor connection and possibly hurt the pcm.

Mike For Mayor

Reaction score
After checking out all my codes I have a feeling I did something to the pcm also.. no unfortunately I don't know anyone in my area with an obs mostly dodges and chevys and new fords

The Hosser

Reaction score
have you load tested the batteries. some times you will read 12volts and you have no cranking amps. i also have read that if you have the key in the ignition and plug the chip in to the pcm it will fry the pcm.

4cstr

Reaction score
^^^^What he said. I have also heard that even just leaving the key in the ignition could cause problems. Additionally...I was also under the impression that there was some sort of capacitor energy stored...even with the terminals disconnected. Every time I put in a chip I disconnected the terminals...then turned on the lights and turned the key to accessory. After waiting 10 seconds I shut the lights off, key off and key out, then did my chip swaps. Maybe I'm just smoking crack...who knows.

This may also sound silly...but does your battery charger have "jumping" ability? The reason I ask is because I had two batteries that tested good...the green light shown brightly...but I had a biotch of a time starting the truck. If I jumped the truck...it started every time. Ended up having a dead cell in one of the batteries. As soon as I went to new batteries...life was good. I know you said you put the batteries in another vehicle and that vehicle started fine...but unless it was a diesel...or a vehicle that has the draw that our trucks do on startup...it really may not have proved anything.

Last edited:

The Hosser

Reaction score
have you load tested the batteries? try that its simple and new batteries would be a quick fix and not to pricey. where as the pcm i think your looking at about 700 big ones.

woodduck97

Reaction score
You may want to get a amp tester cause your starter it self may be bad. My brothers on his IDI would barly want to start it with new batteries. Starter was drawing 600 amps. Most it should draw is around 300 i belive.

Mike For Mayor

Reaction score
I have this ultra cool meter that does everything but I don't think it can test a load so im gonna run them to autozone and get back later with the results

The Hosser

Reaction score
i know that auto zone has them. auto meter also sells a pretty good tester as well. but you will want to test them at half the cranking amps that are listed on the battery. not cold cranking amps. its a simple mistake and its one i made the first time i went to load test my batteries.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
It might be just me but arent you supposed to remove the grounnd cables instead of the positive cables? I could be wrong and having my brain fart but if the ground is still on wouldnt it help in grounding/shorting out things?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.