All I got to say..

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
No personal experience but it seems several people are happy with crower rods... And hypermax although there not billet..

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
This is what scares me about the 7.3's. One more push towards a 6.4.

Seriously..

But I have to do It this way my builder hes gonna let me make payments over a few months I think I can get it back on the road with fresh shortblock billet rods , de-lipped/valve relefed and coated pistons , upgrade my 250/100 to 400/200 install my dual pumps , new oil cooler lpop and a couple other small thing fuel bowl delete etc for $4500-4800

skew12

Reaction score
Seriously..

But I have to do It this way my builder hes gonna let me make payments over a few months I think I can get it back on the road with fresh shortblock billet rods , de-lipped/valve relefed and coated pistons , upgrade my 250/100 to 400/200 install my dual pumps , new oil cooler lpop and a couple other small thing fuel bowl delete etc for $4500-4800

You make it's sound so easy lol. But I hope it runs like a strong SOB. I really thought you got it right on the past build. What you've got in mind there has got to work.

BlueScab

Reaction score
Seriously..

Hate to see this happen, but sounds like you have a real solid build planned. :thumbup:

Reaction score
This is what scares me about the 7.3's. One more push towards a 6.4.

Not much to be scared of here. He was probably around 600hp in that truck. The stock forged rods couldn't take it. Big deal. Should have had some good rods and a girdle in it before throwing compound turbos at it. He probably had a feeling this would happen eventually. I mean stock rods and compounds have never really gone well together in the 7.3 and most of us know that stock rods are a gamble when approaching the 600hp mark.

Last edited:

ToMang07

Reaction score
OP, I just want to be clear, i saw you had the rods treated, but were they PMRs or Forged?

That sucks man. I hope you can work something out.

Latest posts

Members online