All I got to say..

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I'm nervous too. Towards the end of my build. Partial fill, 2 bolt girdle and cyroed forged rods. Pontiaccross put down over 700 HP with a stock bottom end and still going. What gives?

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I'm nervous too. Towards the end of my build. Partial fill, 2 bolt girdle and cyroed forged rods. Pontiaccross put down over 700 HP with a stock bottom end and still going. What gives?

Is was also On an engine dyno at 4k rpm.. He pulls his truck doesn't daily drive it that i know of.

pontiacross

Reaction score
I don't think it was putting down quite that much power with 250/100's. It seems really strange that a rod let go, with that small of an injector none the less. A handful of guys have kept bottom ends alive with forged rods, bigger injectors and twins.

maybe it was a torque issue. john cut the fuel way back at 2600 and lower on my engine while we were dynoing it to keep torque and cylinder pressure in check. how fast did those twins spool?

in my opinion rpms are your friend when it comes to stock bottom ends

TyCorr

Reaction score
maybe it was a torque issue. john cut the fuel way back at 2600 and lower on my engine while we were dynoing it to keep torque and cylinder pressure in check. how fast did those twins spool?

Well, I.recall madsls first thread after getting the compounds done and it.was apparently easy to.peg his boost gauge off idle. So there had to be fuel down low and a good.deal.of.cylinder pressure too. I suppose thats speculation but given the failure its a safe one.

I think.live tuning/self tuning capability is essential with compounds.

TARM

Reaction score

Even though my experience is very limited I would agree based on what I have seen.

If TQ spikes down low and then flat lines that is more stress then one that has a more gradual curve up to the peak and you extend it out as far as possible. Still keeping peak TQ/CP under that threshold where rod start give.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score

I agree, to much down low paired with twins is a lot of stress on a bottom end. Especially if the twins aren't gated properly, and dialed in yielding reasonable back pressure.

Charles

Reaction score
Cryo and $1.50 will get you well on your way to a hot cup of coffee at McDonalds...

NEVER tear an engine all the way down and leave stock forged rods in it. If you don't want to, or can't swing rods, then just flop a stock forged engine in there from a junkyard and rock out.

That charger setup had to be coming on super fast being so small. That engine was making way too much, was too fast. Was probably super fun to drive though.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder how hard it was pulling to 3800rpm with 100% nozzles ? I didn't know they fueled that hi to make it worth while. Hell I'm wondering if my 200s will fuel to 3500rpm

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
So did a rod poke through the block or did the block give out from the pan job? Im not gonna rifle through the entire thread lol

Latest posts

Members online