Another 7.3 no start..

littleredstroker

Reaction score
So trucks been sitting for about a month, went to start it yesterday and I could tell after just a few seconds of cranking it something wasn't right.. sure enough.. oil issue. with key on, scan gauge reads 14% and 65,XXX psi....Ive seen that number one other time when my IPR took a dive. Replaced with new IPR ( maybe 100 miles on it) and it fixed it. This time I yanked the IPR, pulled it apart, cleaned it up and it didn't change a thing. Pig tail looks good, wires are tight and nothing bare. no difference with ICP unplugged. DC goes to 90% within a few seconds of cranking. HPOP is a adrenaline with maybe 20k miles on it with zero issues.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
is it possible that the solenoid? or magnet, whatever controls the ipr itself is bad? not sure exactly how the IPR works, if its closed until the magnet/solenoid opens it, or the other way around

02BigD

Reaction score
Tach doesn't move on a lot of the latter 7.3's when cranking. Doesn't on mine.

I've got 3 or 4 extra solenoids in the shop if you need one.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Have another pump?

Don't tell me this...

I do.

I also have a bunch of used iprs, I guess I will swap solenoids first and see if that does it. It was a Napa ipr, i needed it in a pinch....so I guess that could be .

If it was the pump itself I would have hoped to have had a little more warning than this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ghohouston

Reaction score
Napa ipr, I understand being in a pinch, but I'd definitely swap it out with an oem before I swapped hpops. Of course try swapping the solenoid first

Jomax

Reaction score
Long shot, but both UVCH pigtails plugged in tight?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Lassie

Reaction score
So trucks been sitting for about a month, went to start it yesterday and I could tell after just a few seconds of cranking it something wasn't right.. sure enough.. oil issue. with key on, scan gauge reads 14% and 65,XXX psi....Ive seen that number one other time when my IPR took a dive. Replaced with new IPR ( maybe 100 miles on it) and it fixed it. This time I yanked the IPR, pulled it apart, cleaned it up and it didn't change a thing. Pig tail looks good, wires are tight and nothing bare. no difference with ICP unplugged. DC goes to 90% within a few seconds of cranking. HPOP is a adrenaline with maybe 20k miles on it with zero issues.

65,000 at 14% DC? Is that a scan gauge thing? ICP harness may need a look if not.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
65,000 at 14% DC? Is that a scan gauge thing? ICP harness may need a look if not.

From what I can tell it's a default. Usually it reads pressure, the other time the ipr capped out is the only time I've seen the number.

Long shot, but both UVCH pigtails plugged in tight? I'd assume so, it buzzes just fine .

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online